New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

That has all been tried, except for maybe static LAN addresses.  @jordanmkasla200's post brings up a question.  Why would the CGN3ACSMR accept UDP packets one time, and not the next?

Looking at the LOL port forwarding requirements, port 80 is identified as one that requires forwarding.  Reaing through a Shaw post this morning, there appear to be a few ports with known issues when it comes to port fowarding, including port 80.  From the Shaw post:

Current known port issues:

This is for the CGNM-2250, which is Shaws version of the CGNV4, which is the CGNACR and CGNACSMR used by Rogers.  Here is the link to the Shaw post:

https://community.shaw.ca/thread/30560

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

80 SHOULD be allowed by default.. thats a normal HTTP stream.
You would have a TON more issues if it was that blocked.

443, for secure.. makes sense..

22... thats the one that makes me thing that it might be the culprit?

People here have tried doing their own forwarding on 22.. with no luck.  Its reserved, i beleive.. as the rogers management port?

I Plan to Stick Around

Port 22 is typically used for Secure Shell Access(SSH). I doubt it would have anything to do with LoL issues though. 

Even if Rogers used port 22 for remote access it would be on the internal management interface and not the external interface but it does seem as if there is an issue with the NAT/port forwarding stack when it comes to management ports.

80, 443 and 22 will most likely have management services listening on those ports on one interface or another but why you couldnt port forward External port 80 to an internal host on port 80 seems to be a fw bug all the way. There could also be hidden firewall rules on the management side preventing access to those listening ports on the external interface as a security measure. Perhaps those rules are still affecting traffic even in bridge mode. Would have to do some port scans in and out of bridge mode to be sure.

Also just remembered these gateways have some form of IDS on them. Perhaps the IDS is causing the problem? Has anyone checked the security log on the gateway to see if the IDS is blocking traffic? Likewise perhaps the IDS is not disabling properly in bridge mode as well?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here are the ports required for port forwarding by Riot:

5000 - 5500 UDP (League of Legends Game Client)

8393 - 8400 TCP (Patcher and Maestro)

2099 TCP (PVP.Net)

5223 TCP (PVP.Net)

5222 TCP (PVP.Net)

80 TCP (HTTP Connections)

443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)

8088 UDP and TCP (Spectator Mode)

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752664-Troubleshooting-Connection-Issues

I've Been Here Awhile

So would switching to the CGN3 for the CGN3ACSMR fix this problem? 

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions while we investigate this matter. We have brought this issue to the attention of the appropriate parties.

If any more information becomes available, we will be sure to share with the Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and thank you for your patience.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

I switched from CGN3ACSMR to the older CGN3 today and I can confirm it fixed the latency issues I had with Hearthstone on PC.

I simply called Rogers, explained the situation and they told me I could go to any store to do the exchange. Until Hitron fixes the issue, this seems to be the best solution.

I've Been Here Awhile

Alright thanks! Ill try the older model, hopefully it fixes the problem

I'm Here A Lot

Impossible to find GCN3 anywhere in stock, called 5 different stores already..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Probably due to the AC being out of stock for a while, many were jumping to grab it.

You could try and give a call to schedule a tech visit and see if they can bring one?