New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I private messaged  @CommunityHelps, with my account and modem's mac details, and got the firmware update within 8 hours. So far everything is working flawlessly!

Thanks for the fix!

Smiley Very Happy

I've Been Around

I was having trouble playing FFXIV (and any other online game) after upgrading my router so I pm'd @CommunityHelps like this thread suggested. I got the firmware patch a day later and now the game runs flawlessly again.

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RogersCommunity support, I received the firmware a few hours after they created a service request for me. I can confirm that this has fixed my packetloss/latency issues for online gaming ( Diablo 3 ).

I've Been Around

The firmware fix worked for LoL, Hearthstone, and D3 lag issues I was having. It basically solved everything I complained about. Awesome!

I've Been Here Awhile

what is precisely the cable account? i have wifi, not cable please reply fast! thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At the top of the internet portion of your monthly statement is an Internet Account Reference Number.  That is the number that is required for @CommunityHelps, along with the modem MAC address. 

If you have a CGN3ACSMR modem, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

If this applies to your modem, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  The simple solution is to call Customer Service for that number.  You can then send that with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

I've Been Around

Had my modem updated to the CGN3ACSMR a few weeks ago. Web browsing and steaming video worked 100% but I couldn't play BF4. I would always get a "disconnected from server" errors every 5-20 minutes. Sometimes I could play for 20 minutes and only be disconnected once. Other times I would get disconnected 2-3 times within the span of 10 minutes. I tried everything and nothing worked. Then I found this thread.

I got in contact with Rogers and had them update the firmware to 4.4.8.16. Since the update I have not been diconnected once and was able to play three hours of BF4 without being disconnected.

I Plan to Stick Around

awesome! I really don't see why this firmware isn't just pushed to all customers... it really looks like the stock firmware is horribly bugged.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive it will be eventually.

This is more just a 'test' of it before the full releaase.

I've Been Here Awhile

how can i know if have a CGN3ACSMR modem? my Mac adress is not this