New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Can I expect this update without having to agree to the BETA software agreement?

Hello Community

Although many of the users in this thread have received the firmware update already, we are happy toannounce that the new firmware is now in deployment across the network and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

We appreciate your patience and the community spirit shown here while we have been working towards this solution.

The  team will be taking requests until 11:59pm(est) of July 8th

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their cooperation and patience.

Update: We are happy to announce that the new firmware has now been deployed across the network. New customers who received a modem with the old firmware will be updated automatically within 48 hours. This only applies to the CGN3ACSMR.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Interestingly enough, during multiples games of LoL today, I noticed that the ping times increased by 20-30ms. My friends noticed a ping increase of about 10 - 15ms and I experienced a ping increase from 27ms to 53ms.  We normally average  a ping of 25-29ms. Any answers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've Been Around

Hello, I'm having problems joining games in league of legends constantly, and dropping games in overwatch.

I just switched out my rogers modem on Monday July 13 to this one and started having these issues.

Please update my rogers modem to the latest firmware.

Thank you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you have a look at the back of the modem and confirm the modem model?  It will be a CGN3, CGN3ACR, CGN3ACSMR, CGN2, or DPC-3825.  

If its a CGN3 series modem, can you log into the modem and on the STATUS ... SYSTEM INFORMATION page that is displayed, check the Software Version (firmware) that is loaded.  

It sounds like you might have a CGN3ACSMR with V4.4.8.18 loaded, which isn't a good version for gaming.  

If you have a CGN3ACSMR, I would say to request the latest trial version that is available as indicated in the first post of the following thread.  If you follow this link @CommunityHelps you will end up on the public page.  On the right hand side is another link to "Send this user a private message"  Follow that link to the message composition page, fill in the title and text as required and hit send.  Its already addressed.  One of the moderators should get back to you via private message.  Watch your name icon at the upper right hand corner for an overlaid number, and then select the name to bring up the popup overlay with a further link to an mail icon.  Follow that link to the message inbox.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How can I apply for New CGN3ACSMR Modem update?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @SaraSaraSara

We have received your PM. Thank you Smiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Around

please upgrade modem to facilitate google cast
I'm a Regular

Which version is good for online gaming ? Just got the cgn3acsmr with the version that ends with 21. I use to have the cgn3 which modem is better for gaming
I'm a Regular

How do I get the latest firmware I have one the ends with 21 is that thE newest one ?