New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I got the CGN3ACSMR Modem recently and I am still unable to play League of Legends. I still have the version 4.4.8.14, how do I get the new firmware to get 4.5.8.16?

I'm an Advisor

@Howsilv wrote:

I got the CGN3ACSMR Modem recently and I am still unable to play League of Legends. I still have the version 4.4.8.14, how do I get the new firmware to get 4.5.8.16?

Wait 24-48 hours and the new firmware should be automagically deployed.

FYI, 4.5.8.20 is the newest; it fixes some issues with IPv6...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your current modem has been online for more than 72 hours, sent a pm to @Communityhelps requesting the update.  As @VivienM indicated however, 4.5.8.20 is rolling out.  That rollout should be complete or very near completion, so it should be a matter of picking up the few stragglers than haven't received it yet.

The other item that was mentioned above is IPV6 which will be available on the CGN3ACSMR Gateway mode when version 4.5.9.20 loads.  IPV6 is already available when the modem is running in Bridge mode with either 4.5.8.16 or 4.5.8.20 loaded.  However, it looks like LOL is not designed to work with IPV6, which is rather interesting:

http://support.lol.garena.com/en_SG/articles/398

From that page comes the following:  

DISABLING IPV6

If the above steps did not help, please disable IPv6. The League of Legends client is designed to work with IPv4.

So, it looks like everyone with IPV6 running on their modem will have to disable IPV6 in their PC or laptop if they want to play LOL, which, personally speaking, is a completely ridiculous situation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852

I've Been Here Awhile

It has already been just over 72 hours. Will send. However, regarding the IPv6 issue, I am on a macbook pro, will it be difficult to disbale it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, a macbook pro.  Sorry, I'm not a mac guy, but do a google search for the following:  

macbook pro disable ipv6

Looks like the instructions come up at the top of the search.

Note that IPV6 will not be available on the CGN3ACSMR until you do a factory reset with 4.5.8.20 loaded, at which point an IPV6 address is assigned to the modem in addition to the IPV4 address.  So, if you don't run a factory reset, there is always the probability of a power bump someday that causes the modem to restart and you might end up with an IPV6 address anyways.  Best thing to do at the moment is determine how to disable it in the mac.  If you were running the modem in Bridge mode with a follow-on router, you could probably just disable it in the router.

Turn Off IPv6
  1. Choose Apple menu.
  2. Choose System Preferences.
  3. Click Network. If the Network Preference is locked, click on the lock icon and enter your Admin password to make further changes. ...
  4. Choose Wi-Fi.
  5. Click Advanced, and then click TCP/IP.
  6. Click on the Configure IPv6 pop-up menu and verify it is set to Off.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee lee_3_00
Rogers Employee

Hi,

I've sent a PM to the CommunityHelps about receiving the firmware update for my Rocket modem from firmware 4.5.8.16 to 4.5.8.20 and haven't receievd a reply yet from CommunityHelps. Was wondering if I could get some assistance with recieving this firmware update?

Thanks for your help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

4.5.8.20 is still rolling out across the network, although by now I would think it should be complete or very near to it, so the remaining modems should be loaded with that firmware very soon, without any prior intervention from the mods.   But, I'm surprised that you haven't seen a response from @CommunityHelps yet.  

I'm an Advisor

@Datalink wrote:

4.5.8.20 is still rolling out across the network, although by now I would think it should be complete or very near to it, so the remaining modems should be loaded with that firmware very soon, without any prior intervention from the mods.   But, I'm surprised that you haven't seen a response from @CommunityHelps yet.  

@at this point, I'd suggest asking @CommunityHelps to join the 4.5.8.21 trial... unless you're lucky enough to be in an area that hasn't been upgraded to the new Casa CMTSes, you really really really want .21... 

Rogers Employee lee_3_00
Rogers Employee

I'm assuming 4.5.8.21 will be coming along with greater improvements and stability if I'm not mistaken Smiley Happy   I guess I'll forward to getting this firmware hopefully soon!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink You pointed out the the League of Legends client is not deisgned to work with IPv6... I play League of Legends casually and it may effect me somewhat. However, they are releasing a new game client that includes an all new and simplistic design and new technologies being used. However, I do not know if the new client will include full functionality with IPv6. So, I sent a ticket to Riot Games asking them if the new client supports IPv6. Hopefully it does because the deployment of IPv6 is increasing really fast and they don't want other players to run into other connection issues because their client is really old...