New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

For the purposes of the discussion, the MDU or node can be considered as one in the same, depending of course on how large your apartment building is, and there is the chance that you are connected to a neighborhood node instead of an MDU.  What I wanted to see with a trace to google was whether or not the same high trace times would be exhibited throughout the path.  I wasn't looking specifically for a trace return from google itself.  Looking at the trace to Rogers.ca, none of the hundred ms plus times are seen, as they were in the original post.  The issue of high ping and trace times has come up again in various discussions and unfortunately I don't have an answer for that.  Personal opinion its beyond a tech issue and into network capacity issues.  How to get someone to examine the issue of routing times through Rogers system and peering with other companies seems to be a mystery.  What we need on this board is a contact point with the Network Operations Center, someone who could look at the loading of those servers and do something about the routing or initiate some action to see those times improved.  At this point would send a pm to @CommunityHelps looking for assistance.  Not trying to pass the buck, but I think this is above anything I or the mods can do, but the mods can contact the staff who can look into issues such as this.

I've Been Around

CGN3ACSMR firmware update

Hello, I know there have been posts about this issue in the past but I'm not entirely sure how to fix my issues. I swapped out my home modem about a week and a half ago at a Rogers outlet for the CGN3ACSMR router and ever since I cannot connect to online game servers (League Of Legends specifically). After doing my own homework there have been plenty of people experiencing connectivity issues to the servers while under this router as well (seen on this forum discussion http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/252... There is a post there from a Rogers official saying that within 48-72 hours modems would be hot fixed with a firmware patch 4.5.8.16, mine however when I look under my modem settings is 4.4.8.14. Obviously it's well past 2-3 days for the fix to come through on my new modem (the post was made back in May anyways), I've tried to see if I can update my modem from my side of the equation but seems like I hit a dead end. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To request the firmware update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, and your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area.  The Cable account reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your bill.  The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is within the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

So, send in the info with a brief explanation that the modem has not been updated.  Hopefully you will see the update late tonight.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Looking at my modem I have the new firmware 4.5.8.16,

but i'm also having issues connecting to Blizzard games. I've tried portforwarding but nothing seems to work. Anything known?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have port forwarding set, you should have set up a static IP address first using the DHCP reservation function.  If I remember this correctly, its in the BASIC.... LAN setup page.  Once that is set, you would then reboot the modem, login again and set the port forwarding to that specific IP address. 

Alternatively, you can kill the port forwarding rules. set UPNP to enabled, reboot the modem and then start the game.  With UPNP set, the modem should set the port forwarding rules as required for the game.  Note that the modem only holds 9 port forwarding rules, so, if you have previously set rules, that might become an issue if the total is more than 9 rules.  I don't know if the first rules are turfed, or if the last entered rules are denied if the rule list is full and you attempt to enter additional rules.

Note that either the UPNP is disabled with the static IP and port forwarding rules set manually or, there is no static IP address and port forwarding rules and the UPNP is enabled to handle port forwarding as required.

I also should have asked, connected via ethernet or wifi?

I'm a Regular

Which modem is better the CGN3 or the cgn3acsmr for the Xbox one , reason I'm asking used to have the cgn3 and now have cgn3acsmr and I noticed more lag on this new modem 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Trying to remember.. are you using it BRIDGED or in gateway mode?

Either way.. WITH the new firmware patch on the ACSMR, it SHOULD have lower ping times (at least TO the modem)

I'm a Regular

Yes it's all bridge mode. I'm using my own router. What's with this new firmware I never had a prob with just the CGN3 did it have the new firmware ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, the CGN3 is still on an older firmware.

the ping times between a device and the CGN3 have some minor spikes.. which the newer firmware on the CGN3ACSMR has fixed.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was following these instructions (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/configuring-router-and-firewall-ports) from blizzard to set up port forwarding in windows and I am able to complete their instructions but it doesn't work. I notice that when i log in to my hitron modem, the port forwarding does not match the instructions given. (IE. it asks for a local IP, port range, etc). 

How can i set up port forwarding to fit those ports on the hitron modem?