New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

It's been 72 hours since my new CGN3ACSMR's installation, and I have yet to receive the new update.

However, I have followed the steps to message @CommunityHelps. How long would this process take? Am I being too ambitious to expect them to follow up later this evening and have it fixed by tomorrow? Or am I too late to catch the nightly maintenance update for tonight?

EDIT: I guess they do not disappoint. Got the update right as I posted this post. Thanks guys!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello there,

I am a new rogers customer and have not received such an update for my modem. My modem's current firmware version is 4.4.8.14. 

I'm just hoping I'm messaging at the right place to get this update.

Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the modem has been online for 72 hours with no signs of the update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum. On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, something such as "Request firmware update for CNG3ACSMR", and your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area. The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill.  If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number. This can be obtained by calling Customer support. You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.  The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you good sir!

I've Been Around

Any idea on how often these things take? I just upgraded my modem Friday and have been having a lot of issues with games here and there myself.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

72 hours.

so HOPEFULLy since the end of today?

If not by the end of today, then give @CommunityHelps a message here.

I've Been Around

Suppose my next question is how long it might take for it to update on the modem side? Internet was down for a little so I was sort of excited, but firmware is still 4.4.8.14. Sorry for bugging everyone also. I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to these sort of things.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a look at post #613 above.

I Plan to Stick Around

What is INTEL_CE_LINUX

I've been running winMTR trying to figure out why my ping is so high to League of Legends. 

I keep getting a bunch of INTEL_CE_LINUX with different IP. I am kind of a noob in networking, but from 

what I understand is that data(packets) travel through little highways and cities(servers) until they get to the server, but what is INTEL_CE_LINUX? I'm guessing dynamic.rogerstelecom.net is rogers servers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I updated my modem CGN3ACSMR to 4.5.8.16 a few month back and had good ping for a while.

This last month I have been getting high pings again without any change on mind end...

I did a tracert and got the following:

Tracing route to INTEL_CE_LINUX [192.64.170.252]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms hitronhub.home [192.168.0.1]
2 22 ms 40 ms 69 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [7.11.163.5]
3 30 ms 21 ms 18 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [209.148.245.173]
4 17 ms 19 ms 19 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [69.63.248.174]
5 29 ms 19 ms 32 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [69.63.248.185]
6 25 ms 26 ms 79 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [24.156.144.178]
7 * 39 ms 29 ms eqix-ch2.riotgamesdirect.com [206.223.119.235]
8 138 ms 33 ms 36 ms INTEL_CE_LINUX [104.160.131.44]
9 177 ms 29 ms * INTEL_CE_LINUX [104.160.131.101]