New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Hi @,

Excellent post, Smiley Happy Thank you for sharing the information with the Community, it's much appreciated. 

RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It sounds as though @eshrai has switched the modem into Bridge mode and is running a direct connection to the modem without using a router.  Yes, this can work, but your pc/laptop/ gaming console is then open to the internet without the protection of hardware firewall.  I personally do not recommend this to anyone.  If anyone really wants to do this, he or she has to be very sure of the firewall capability on the device in use, given the fact that it's wide open to any external probing and hacking attempts.  Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just pointing out possible problems with that type of arrangement.  Before anyone else does this, please consider the how secure your devices are, before leaving them open to the internet. 

The latency of the modem is present no matter which mode you run in, Gateway or Bridge.  How many of the other issues are also present in Bridge mode is anyone's guess.

Fwiw.....

I've Been Here Awhile

NEED HELP update my modem!!

already PM you

thx

I've Been Around

Sent my PM about 5 minutes ago. 

Hopefully it gets fixed tonight, that would be awesome!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I plugged in the modem on 9/18/2015, it's now been more than 3 days, but the firmware has yet to be updated.  What should i do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the modem has been online for 72 hours with no signs of the update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelpsto navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, something such as "Request firmware update for CNG3ACSMR", and your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area.  The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  This can be obtained by calling Customer support.  You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.  The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.

I did what you said, they told me to wait another 24 to 48 hours.  Which i now have, but still no change.  PM'd them again and now waiting for reply.

I've Been Around

I would like to have the firmware uploaded to my modem please.

I'm running .14 PLease fix.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jozolala,

The modem should update within 72 hours after coming online. If it does not, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into this for you. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

my modem has been updated.

Thanks everyone!