New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I have updates on my latency/disconnect issue:

I use wired connection, then everything seems good now.

I assume that the 5G AC channel has issues, either the laptop side or the router side. I give up to do further investigation and keepit as is.

Thanks all for the help.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Dear Sir/Madam:

Hi, recently I upgrade my internet services from 30 Mbps to 60 Mbps; thus, I replaced my old modem to the CGN3ACSMR modem.

However, when I tried to play League of Legends, I'm unable to connect to server. I google it and found out it's because my CGN3ACSMR Firmware version is not up-to-dated (4.4.8.14), and one of the Rogers employee said "Customers who received a modem with the old firmware will be updated automatically within 48-72 hours. The new firmware is 4.5.8.16."

Is it possible for me to update the firmware mannually? because I'm not sure if it will update by itself 😛

Thank you,

Felix

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, there is no way to update it manually 😞

If it has NOT update in the 72 hours from when it was installed (and make sure its a full 72 hours.. so if it was installed at 3pm.. wait until 3pm that 3rd day), then give @CommunityHelps a message on the forum here.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Call Rogers and ask them to update the router. Even then, I'm still having an issue with packet loss. I've heard some say it's a bug with the game at the moment but I'm not sure because no one else seems to be having the issue.

I'm speaking with Riot support right now to try and figure it out and I have a tech coming to my house on thursday to double check all the lines because they say there is an "Interference" somewhere in the line. But the line is brand new direct line from the box to my modem... so maybe the line under the ground which will be fine for them to replace 😃
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just move in my new apartment and i am using Rogers Ignite 250u plan with Rogers Rocket modem, but when I play the league of legend, after champion select, the game carshed and it told me " unable to connect to the server, please check your network connection and attempt to reconnect to your game." but im pretty sure my network connection is good.

The game is not crashed everytime, sometimes i can play game, but 99%, my game is crashed.

By the way, i can play the game with my cell phone hotspot and it always works, so i'm pretty sure that is not game's problem.Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That you just got the modem, its likely that its still on the older firmware.

Give it a good 72 hours from the time that you had it installed to see if the new firmware is rolled out and if that corrects it.

If it has not, please then contact @CommunityHelps and let them know, and they may be able to do a force push on the firmware.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently had upgrade my plan from the Internet 30 into the Rogers Ignite 100u, and I now cannot run League of Legends. Their seems to be an error when launching it, and I have to wait at least 30 minutes before I can actually play. I have tried port forwarding but to no avail it does not work. So what do I do now? I'm paying an extra 30 for this plan, and was hoping to see some results.Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi dazthanabal,

I noticed another one of your post which shows you also received the new CGN3ACSMR router currently running the 4.4.8.14 firmware. The firmware will typically get updated within 48 hours from the time it came online. If you notice the firmware is not updated even after 72 hours, please let us know or message CommunityHelps so that we can follow up for you.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey @CommunityHelps. I have the new cgn3a modem from a package upgrade and have waited the alloted time for my update. It never happened. I need mine forced.