New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

That is the model number.

The model should be on the back of the unit on a sticker, (as well as the mac address)

I've Been Around

I don't see why we have to PM a support account just to get an update so I can play a game over the internet that I am paying for. I was going to send one anyway but the number that was supposed to be on my statement did not start with a 2 like the guide said it was supposed to so I thought I would just wait until my router updated automatically. I have waiting almost a month now and it still hasn't updated. Also what about the people who haven't seen this discussion? How are they going to get their update if they don't know that you have to send a message to get it? I'm just a little annoyed because I'm not able to play the most played game in the world in my own house.

I'm an Advisor

@AndrewF321 wrote:

I don't see why we have to PM a support account just to get an update so I can play a game over the internet that I am paying for. I was going to send one anyway but the number that was supposed to be on my statement did not start with a 2 like the guide said it was supposed to so I thought I would just wait until my router updated automatically. I have waiting almost a month now and it still hasn't updated. Also what about the people who haven't seen this discussion? How are they going to get their update if they don't know that you have to send a message to get it? I'm just a little annoyed because I'm not able to play the most played game in the world in my own house.

I don't believe that update is automatically pushed to anyone at this time, hence why you need to get the 'beta' update from the Rogers forum staff. That will change once the firmware update is officially approved for mass deployment.

Ultimately, there is a deeper philosophical issue here: there needs to be some validation/testing process before new firmware is released to the public. Many companies take the view that it is better to continue to have the 'known' version out there rather than rush deployment of an untested version that might fix some problems... but also introduce other problems that aren't known yet. In this case, is their deployment timeline too conservative? Maybe.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have any trouble finding the Cable Account Reference Number or determine that the reference number on your statement doesn't start with a "2", please call customer service and ask the CSR for the number.  There are two numbers on the monthly statement, the actual account number itself that covers all services including Internet, Home Phone, TV and Home Monitoring.  And, the Cable Account Reference Number which you should be able to locate by referring to the internet portion of the statement. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any other way to contact CommunityHelps besides their PM? Every time I try to log in to rogers to PM them I get instantly re-directed and it says I'm not signed in. Is there a twitter or something? Please help. 

Hello

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Support
Support

Hello Community

Although many of the users in this thread have received the firmware update already, we are happy to announce that the new firmware is now in deployment across the network and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

We appreciate your patience and the community spirit shown here while we have been working towards this solution.

The @CommunityHelps team will be taking requests until 11:59pm(est) of July 8th

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their cooperation and patience.

Update: We are happy to announce that the new firmware has now been deployed across the network. New customers who received a modem with the old firmware will be updated automatically within 48 hours. This only applies to the CGN3ACSMR.

@CommunityHelps

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Woohoo, good to hear.  So, that's for the CGN3ACSMR.  What about the update for the CGN3 and CGN3ACR to take care of the same latency issue?

I've Been Around

I still haven't gotten a response yet, but it's probably because I did it about 10 minutes ago. Excited for the firmware update though 🙂

I've Been Around

I got my service on Saturday morning and experienced the same issues as others here. Followed the instructions, got a reply within 10-20 minutes and 5 hours later had the firmware update applied. All good now! 🙂 Loving the speed (250/20 - speedtests 327/21) !