New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I'm running Elderscrolls Online on a PC with windows 7 64 bit, wired connection to the modem.  Tried other troubleshooting steps that didn't work like re-installing game client, rebooting router, disabling addons several days before I got the update which did fix the problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks very much.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My roommate had noticed League of Legends was having issues soon after we upgraded to Rogers internet. We also noticed that our ping time when pinging our modem/router was 6-13ms per ping (waaay too high).

We found this thread, PM'd @CommunityHelps and they got back to me a couple hours later saying that I will receive the firmware on their next wave of updates. Check last night, and I received it (firmware 4.5.8.16).

My roommate has since, not have had any issues with LoL, and our ping time to our router is <1ms.

Also FYI: if anyone has the same issue as me - if when you go to the @CommunityHelps profile page and you think you've logged in, and you don't see the "Send this user a private message" option: clear cookies and private data and try logging in again.

I've Been Around

Just got the update after PM'ing CommunityHelps, and the issue is solved! Smiley Happy yay
I've Been Around

Just got the firmware update, works good again. Add: Rhythmic Charm for any questions.  (On league)

I've Been Around

My League of Legends was having issues and after sending a PM to community helps they sent me the firmware update within 48 hours. All is working fine now with no issues.

I've Been Around

Yep, the firmware update has fixed my issue as well!

Also note, any FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14) players that are experiencing a delayed/laggy chat, this firmware update also fixed that issue as well. Before the update, I would sometimes get a clump of messages other players had sent at the time, and the messages would all be minutes late. Now it's fixed, and I also feel less laggy but that might just be placebo, I'm not entirely sure. Thanks so much!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

Im also having this "New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends" problem, plz fix this for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you remove your account number from your post, then, please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

I've Been Here Awhile

In what way I'll be informed as the firmware has been pushed out ??