New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Just an FYI..
RE's do NOT work for rogers at all.. so  its not OUR people, etc Smiley Happy

I do agree, that much more testing needs to be done..

I would assume that they can tell say what the top 1000 connections type/points are, at at least make sure it works with them.

Only other DOWNSIDE is that rogers doesnt have 100% control anyways Smiley Sad  As its not directly ROGERS hardware.
The software/firmware fixes have to be done in conjuction with Hitron in this case.
This may be something which would effect ANY carrier which used hitron hardware.

Much of this testing, should be being done at the MANUFACTURER level even first.

One thing that the RE's here have been pushing for, is for at least US (and any other users here who wish it) to be beta testers... even for new hardware.  Oh new modem going to be released? Let a smaller amount of us test it first, see if we can break it or not Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

the update to the firmware works great, everything got fix with just 2 days of wait but worst it lol.

I've Been Around

Hi i just update my modem to CGN3ACSMR yesterday and i need to resolve problem that connecting to legaue of legends. that's why i pm u guys and wanna update my modem sofware

I've Been Around

Finally solved the problem.

Get your old router back. For real. The CGN3ACSMR is literally NOT compatible with League of Legends. Not sure the exact reason (I'm sure if you read all 35 pages of this discussion, it's in there), but as soon as I switched back, it all worked just fine. 

It seems that they didn't do enough testing with this router before giving it the green light for production and distribution. 

I went through all the normal troubleshooting and called Rogers and had their "experts" help me out, just to tell me that I should hire someone and pay a couple hundred bucks to get them to try to fix it. But truly, I doubt they'd even be able to, considering this is a problem with the modem itself. Each and every CGN3ACSMR is having the same problem. Maybe if enough people return it, Rogers will catch on.

Switch back to your old router, or ask Rogers for a different model of router all together. Otherwise, there's no solution to it out there. You won't be able to play League of Legends until then.

Hope it helps!

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @CompanionCube Welcome to CommunitySmiley Happy

If you view the solution for this thread you will see a firmware that resolves the connectivity issue is being deployed to those who have requested.

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@orangebaby0406 I'm not sure if you are indicating that you have sent the necessary details to CommunityHelps, or that you still need to do that in order to have the update firmware pushed to your modem.  If that is the case, please read the first post of the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CompanionCube, RogersAsif is correct in indicating that a good number of CGN3ACSMR users are using this modem for League of Legends, Destiny, and others without any problem after the modem has received the updated firmware.  It is unfortunate that Tech Support appears to have been left out of the loop on this and as a result, don't necessarily know that there is a firmware download available to solve the issue. Here is the thread that outlines how to go about requesting the download;

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

While the CGN3 does work, the drawback to that modem lies in how it handles devices on the 2.4 Ghz network.  It will lock down to the data rate of the slowest device on the 2.4 Ghz network.  The CGN3ACR and CGN3ACSMR have been programmed with and / or built with co-existence mechanisms for use on 2.4 Ghz networks.  The end translation of this is that those modems should run each device on the 2.4 Ghz network to the maximum attainable data rate for each device, depending of course on the range to the modem and the signal to noise ratios at each end. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

I just notice this post and I am happy. Because I was trying to play the game also and I could not. I just got connected today.

Would be possible to get 4.4.8.13 to 4.5.8.16? right now it is the 4.4.8.13 firmware i have.

What is to do to get it updated to the latest firmware please?

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All that is required is to send the modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference number to CommunityHelps in a private message.  Please read the first post of the following thread:

After that, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page, and on the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title and your information and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

I Plan to Stick Around

Very cool for your time and help i will follow your guide. Totally appreciated Smiley Happy