New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Updating firmware totally works. Now if only it removed the 20 minute queue I got for AFK because of this...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Had this problem for weeks. Literally finding the solution now after 10s of hours researching... Pretty frustrating, does anyone know how long the firmware update takes. I do not remember ever being so salty.... Reconnect games that work randomly after 10 mins. Update firmware ....... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you pm your MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number to @CommunityHelps you might see the update very late tonight, probably no later that tomorrow night.  Have a look at the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Follow the communityhelps link above to get to the public page and then use the "Send this user a private message" on the upper right hand corner to link to the message composition page, compose the message and hit send on the lower right of that page.  If you are already in the message page, the address is the same without the @ sign.

I've Been Around

Just got updated, so far so good

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you indicate what game you are playing and what your network configuration is: modem - pc, modem - router - pc, modem - routrer - game console.  Can you also indicate what mode the modem is running in, ie. Gateway or Bridge and if you are using a router, what mode the router is in , Router mode, Access point, or Bridge.

I've Been Around

Got the update and everything seems to be working. 

I've Been Around

I requested the firmware update and after I got it I was able to play both League of Legends and Hearthstone again without issue. Yay!

I Plan to Stick Around

It seems that it is unanimous. The firmware update fixes League of Legends and Hearthstone latency issues that caused the games to drop its connection. Hopefully next time the firmware will be tested with these games before it is rolled out to all the Rogers customers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That can be the hard part..

You have to think.. how many MILLIONS of pieces of software out there... games, equipment, applications, etc... which used internet connections.
It would be impossible to test them ALL. 

Though, yes, maybe at least test you know, some of the most POPULAR stuff.

I Plan to Stick Around

I’ve worked in Computer Validation for over 20 years, so I know a heck of a lot about software testing. Other than browsers and email, your testers need to itemize what their Rogers customers use the most and test the software. Games are infamous for straying from software standards, so I would suggest that your software testers build testing scripts to evaluate the more popular games like League of Legends. In the long run it will save your support people and customers a lot of headaches. I think that Rogers is a great company and I get tired of people putting it down because of a lack of due diligence and poor testing. Releasing a firmware update to a select group of people (like this unplanned controlled update) should be standard. A pilot rollout for firmware updates should be standard practice at Rogers. This way your test group can catch the bugs before it goes out to all the customers. I could give you more advice, but then I would have to charge you 🙂