New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Private messaged the mac address and rogers account number to @CommunityHelps , they pushed the firmware to me in 2 days, now both League and Hearthstone are running smooth, no problems, thanks rogers!

I'm Here A Lot

I'm experiencing the same thing.

I get the firewall error much less now, maybe 1/10 times I won't connect immediately to the game. In the past I would have to force quit the game window and click "reconnect" on the client many many times to fix it. Now it is fixed on the first try, just force quit and reconnect once.

Overall, much better experience and able to get spawn into base at the same time as everyone else finally. Would like know  the root of this firewall issue in the end but oh wells. Not all questions can be answered... especially when it comes to Mac Beta client... Smiley Embarassed

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a look at the first post in this thread;

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2532...

And...send the MAC address and Cable Account Refererence Number to @CommunityHelps

I've Been Around

Just got the firmware pushed in less than 12 hours. I'm impressed...

Although, I only had time to play 2 games of league so far, and both times I connected without issues.

Everything appears to be working fine now Smiley Happy. Thank you!

I've Been Here Awhile

Got the new firmware and it works like a charm Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I requested the firmware update and received it within 24 hours. Version is now 4.5.8.16.

Following the update my Blizzard games still had issues, and the 2.4G wireless no longer worked (when it had been working previously). The 5G still worked though.

After a hard reboot of the modem all game issues were resolved and both wireless were working.

It was a headache getting here but I'm happy to say everything seems all good now!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Blizzard games all played on a pc?  Is the modem running in Gateway mode and do you use any port forwarding at all if that is the case?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, all played on a PC that is wired to the modem (i.e. not wireless). Not in gateway mode, but I did add all the port forwarding for Blizzard games to the modem and my PC when the issues started happening with this modem.

Before the firmware patch WoW would have huge latency spikes for the "home" measurement (going well over 2000 ms), making it pretty much unplayable. HotS would also sometimes experience large lag spikes after matches ended, resulting in no experience being rewarded after some matches.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah, ok, in Bridge mode with the pc directly connected.  Your port forwarding settings shouldn't have any effect in that case, assuming that the modem is just acting as a modem at this point.

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

I got the firmware right away and no issue at all with the firewall issue now with LoL.  However, I'm getting some serious lag spike issues going from 75ms to >400ms in a matter of seconds and it's becoming quite unbearable to play.  I'm currently connected to 5G wireless as there is no cable outlet in the room.  Is there anything I can do to the wireless settings to get rid of this lag spike issue?