New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

where can I check my software verision

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have the modem running in Gateway mode, ie: running as a modem and wifi router, log into the modem.  The first page that is seen after logging in should be the status page which includes the firmware version presently loaded.  The new version available is version 4.5.8.16.

Have a look at the first post of this thread for instruction on obtaining that version.  General distribution to all CGN3ACSMRs will take place when the plans have been finalized.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2532...

You can follow this link for @CommunityHelps and use the link on the upper right hand side of the linked page to send the required info for the firmware update in a private message.

I've Been Here Awhile

>< sorry im stuipd, but how to login into the modem?

I've Been Around

I mesaged @CommunityHelps Saturday afternoon regarding the update. I got the firmware update pushed to my router Sunday at ~12:30am.  They said it may take up to 48hrs but I was pleased to have it so quick. I was actually at my computer when the internet went out to do the update. Thats gotta be the only time I smiled with delight at the internet going out.

The new update is working. No problems, played 6 or so games no issue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CNMyi wrote:

>< sorry im stuipd, but how to login into the modem?

You cant have the gateway in bridge mode.. has to be in gateway mode.

Then you want to open a web browser, and go to your 'default gateway' that your PC connects to.

Usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

On the login screen:
Username:  cusadmin

password: password

(unless you changed the password)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CNMyi, assuming that you are connected via ethernet, start your web browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and hit enter.  That should take you to the login screen.  The credentials are cusadmin for user name and password for password, unless of course you have change the modem password previously.  For your own security purposes, this should have been changed.  If you haven't changed it, please do so now.  It can be found under ADMIN......MANAGEMENT.

You should also change the wifi network names (SSIDs) and the passphrases for your own security as well.  The network names are found under WIRELESS.....BASIC, in the 2.4G and 5G tabs, and the passphrases are found in WIRELESS......WPS & SECURITY, located in the linked section for the network names.

I've Been Here Awhile

I gave my MAC # and cable reference number but was told that my Modem was offline. This is not possible because my internet is working fine.

Really frustrated that we can't get a fix here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@vanhohenheim, check the numbers that you sent in just to make sure there wasn't an error in either one.

I'm Here A Lot

I got the update last night after asking for it during the day and was able to enter a couple of games without the firewall error.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Last night I pm'ed @CommunityHelps and certainly enough it was updated overnight. I hopped into a game of League Of Legends and it worked as expected! For other games such as csgo: loading times significantly decreased and I was able to find matches very quickly! I haven't experienced any problems at all and the firmware fixed what it was meant to fix; latency and connection a LoL game. Other than that I'm very satisfied with this firmware (4.5.8.16) and hope they push the firwmare out to the public soon.

Well done Rogers! 🙂