New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

@MCKitty is the interface loading time fast? Or is it the same as the CGN3?

I'm Here A Lot

do you mean the router admin page? It loads in decent time for me.

or do you mean in-game for league? For league my ping hasn't changed although I have much faster up and down (250down/20up)... probably that is just the limit for the server I'm on (NA).

I Plan to Stick Around

MCKitty, how long did it take for them to update your firmware? Was it an instant update, or did you wait a day or two. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The aim is to have the firmware pushed out overnight during the maintenance period, but hopefully in a worst case, it might be a couple of nights to push it out.

I Plan to Stick Around

It will be nice to play with no firewall error after champ select. I pm'd and community replied within 5 mins saying within 48 hours. BTW do you play Data??? If so, add me as my forum name is my in game name for LOL. 😉
I'm Here A Lot

as @CX2DUBCAKES said, the official message is that it will take 48 hours.

However I saw in @bunnyrabbitzzz post that she/he had LOL working again the next morning, so I'm hopeful! (bunnyrabbitzzz is it all fixed now for you?)

My LoL/Twitch name is MatchaCreamKitty feel free to add 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, I don't play.  My son does, but I'd be hearing about any problems if they came up, along with the automatic request to "fix the problem". 

I Plan to Stick Around

@MCKitty I think my LoL is working now. Been working the whole day. My current software version is 4.5.8.16.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bunnyrabbitzzz when you have time, can you run a ping test to the modem.  I'd like to see two runs if you don't mind, one when there is no traffic through the modem, and a second run when something is played or transiting through the modem.  Open a command prompt and type

ping 192.168.0.1 -n 100

I'm assuming here that you are in Gateway mode. 

When the 100 ping run is done, can you copy the bottom stats and paste them into this thread.  To do that left click on the command box icon at the top left hand corner of the actual command box, scroll down to Edit....Select, and then again to Edit.....Copy.  Paste that into Notepad so that you can copy the bottom ping statistics and then paste them into the thread. 

Hopefully all you will see are ping times of zero, but I'd be interested in seeing the actual stats.

I Plan to Stick Around

Will do...