New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Did you email to get the firmware update from rogers? or did it just start working?
I Plan to Stick Around

I messaged communityhelps with the info they asked last night and my LoL started working this morning.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

So you have the firmware? Can you log into the modem interface and confirm if the SW Version changed? Is connectivity with league of legends only fixed? Or did they include some other fixes?

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a way to check if you have recieved the firmware?
I've Been Here Awhile

I also contacted rogers customer support and they had no idea about what i was talking about, and this "firmware" that I wanted. I asked them if communityHelps was part of them then they told me how you are like some very tenure person whom has helped created rogers. So hopefully my league starts working soon!
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

Remember to send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps with the information below if you are affected by the League of Legends firewall issue. The firmware is only being deployed to those who contact @CommunityHelps via Private Message.

-MAC address of modem (12 digits found on the back of your Hitron modem)
-Cable account reference number(12 digits beginning with “2”)

To those who have received the firmware update, how are things going? Let the community know, hope you are enjoying the gameSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I have requested the firmware update.  I expect it to take place tonight.

I have had this Hitron CGN3ACSMR monstrosity for about 2 weeks now.  

Hardware Version1A
Software Version4.4.8.13

When I ping it from inside my network I get result like this below, the jitter in particular is rather high.  Under heavy load these numbers can get consistently over 100ms, obviously too high for packets still inside the switch.

Ping statistics for 10.10.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 9868, Received = 9868, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 6ms

I expect this to drop after the update, I will post the results nevertheless.

I'm Here A Lot

I just requested @CommunityHelps for the firmware to be pushed to my modem via private message, as @RogersAsif said to do so in his earlier post.

The new firmware version being pushed is 4.5.8.16

If you log into your router admin and see this number then it means the update was applied 🙂

Really hoping this fix works. I know a lot people have this issue on the League forums:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/gTWoNHAL-what-the- . -is-this-firewall-error-...

Can't imagine that they're all using the new Hitron modem??

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @riccimj Welcome to the CommunitySmiley Happy

Glad to hear you have requested the firmware update for the League of Legend issue.

Remember as per our Community Guidelines here, We need to keep things on-topic.

This thread is about the Firewall Error users with the CGN3ACSMR were experiencing when trying to connect to League of Legends.

@Datalink has created a topic where we can have a general discussion on the firmware and other aspects here.

RogersAsifSmiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Just PM'd the communityhelps for firmware update, i currently have the 4.4.8.14 firmware, will let you all know when it gets updated.