New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Hopefully this firmware fixes the xbox/ps packet loss issues as well
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah that should be fine but i mean when would it come with the updated firmware

I've Been Here Awhile

Modems don't usually come out of the box with updated firmware, however the modems do update themselves within 48 hours once connected to the network
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Supernovav  if you pick up a modem from a Rogers store, it will have the current firmware installed.  So, if you wait a few days, its possible that the general distribution to the installed CGN3ACSMRs will be in progress.  If you watch the forum you will probably see comments posted by people as they receive that update.  You can make a decision on returning to that modem based on those comments that you see.  If you decide to switch prior to commencement of the firmware push, you can send in the necessary info to have the firmware pushed out to the modem that you have acquired.

I've Been Here Awhile

If my cable account starts with a 4 and not a 2 will i be able to get the update directly?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a close look at your bill.  The overall billing or account number is comprised of more than one service, such as internet, home phone, home monitoring etc.   If you look specifically the Internet Services portion of the bill, at the top of that section is a Cable account reference number, which is a 12 digit number.  That is the number that is requested, not overall account number.

I've Been Here Awhile

Found it. Thank you for your help

I've Been Here Awhile

So the firmware patch should download and install automatically? How do I know when it's been applied to the modem?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They will push it out auto to all users eventually, in waves.

There should be a post further up where you can contact a rogers rep, to get it pushed earlier.

To check/confirm you need to check the interface in gateway mode. Unfortunately can not view it while in bridge mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

My LoL seem to be working now. Will try more games and see.