New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

They are working on it as we speak... Dedicated techs and community is all we for atm !
I Plan to Stick Around

Update: Downgraded to the CGN3 (Advanced Modem), and I am 12/12 in connecting to games first try! Seems to be flawless (back to normal) now! No firewall settings, nothing. Just worked straight out the gate. Anyone who really wants on, I'd suggest grabbing the older modem. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Which internet plan do you have? I just gor the 250u and it's been really frustrating trying to connect.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 250 as well. Got it at the beginning of May. Definitely go downgrade the modem when you can, it should work for ya.

I'm Here A Lot

A friend of mine and myself who recently got the new CGN3ACSMR modem are experiencing the same problem. Has Rogers or Hitron announced anything about this at all ? At least a recognition of the problem so that we know things are being fixed ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, both Hitron and Rogers are currently testing solutions to this issue but I don't have a firmware release date for you.  Switching to a CGN3 is the temporary solution, which also means giving up the 802.11ac capability until a firmware solution is released.  At that point, you could return to a CGN3ACSMR.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I definatly want to witch to that as a temp fix but is there a way I can get notified of a firmware solution is released? And who would i speak to about switching modems..I tried the online chat and they were useles.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call your local Rogers store and ask if they have any CGN3s in stock.  Make sure they understand its the CGN3 that you're after, not the CNG3AC or CGN3ACSMR.  If there is one in stock, go in and swap your current modem for the CGN3.

As for notification, for now, keep an eye on the forum as someone will be posting an update or announcement of the firmware release.  The firmware will be pushed out to the modems but that will probably be done in a controlled manner step by step, and not for all modems at the same time.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink Does this mean that the CGN3 is getting a firmware update with the CGN3ACSMR, CGN3AC? And for what?

I Plan to Stick Around

While I'm sure the cgn3 will get a firmware update at some point, that's the one that works and that update wouldn't be related to this. It's the ac that needs the update.