New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Thanks Datalink and GDKITTY for the info. My wife and I's Samsung Glaze S5's connect to my 5 ghz signal but my daughters iPhone 4s only sees the 2.4 ghz signal which is fine. The modem kicks some speed azz so I don't wanna trade just yet... Where do I look to see if the firmware update their working on is ready??? Do I manually upgrade by resetting or how does that work. I honestly don't know much about Modem's...CGN3 AC version is what I have. With the LOL firewall issues Smiley Wink
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy of course... not glaze.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just bookmarking this to get updates, as I have fallen into the "LoL can't get into games 95% of the time" group now that I upgraded. I'm currently on software version 4.4.8.14 is that makes a difference. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I hear you, I'm having the same issues. Watching livestream sports and gaming are my primary source of entertainment atm, i would have reconsidered going with someone else if i knew their only router option for the ignite packages ironically wouldn't let you play the biggest online games out there. I'll keep F5ing this page and revisiting it to see if the issues are being worked out, or if there is a temporary fix that doesn't involve me taking a day driving around trying to find routers that aren't even sold anymore, and most likely spending more money that wasn't my fault to begin with. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

While we're at it... anyone else getting weird Port Forwards automatically added to the modem?

I keep on deleting the Teredo and Skype port forwards, but they automatically appear back on the modem. I'm not sure if I'm being hacked or if this is normal. I've found some instances of this online, but nobody has been able to confirm what's going on.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess would be that you have Skype and Teredo tunnelling for IPV6 running.  If you bring up the Task Manager (Control - Alt -Delete) and go to the Startup Tab, you will probably see Skype listed in the Startup Application list.  If you don't want Skype to start when you start your computer, you could disable it.  I'm not sure what affect this will have when you actually go to start Skype as it may give you a warning that some service component is not running.  You may have to experiment with that. 

For the Teredo tunnelling have a look at the following thread:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/10090/is-teredo-in-my-router-a-back-door

Thats an interesting thread as it also points to UPNP as a possible reason that the tunnel ports are being set.

I suspect that if you turned off IPV6 on your laptops and PCs that would kill the tunnelling ports.  Navigate to Control Panel.....Network and Sharing Center....Change Adapter Settings (left side) .....Select the ethernet and / or wireless adapter and right click to bring up the menu......Select Properties to bring up the Ethernet or Wireless Properties Panel.  Scroll down to the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and deselect it.  Hit Ok, and then close all of the open panels and reboot the pc.  You will probably have to do this with all of your devices.  The laptop IPV6 will have that setting on both the wired and wireless controllers.

Edit;  Also consider whether or not you really want UPNP running on the modem.  I normally advise everyone to disable it in order to prevent any rogue application from changing modem or router settings without your knowledge.  Unless you really need it, you should disable it, which would prevent the Skype and Teredo tunnelling port forwarding from reinstating themselves.  You would have to manually setup any port forwarding when UPNP is disabled.

Give those a go and see if they solve the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello all, I too have been without a proper League experience for the better part of 3 weeks since I signed up for the 100 ignite with the Hitron CGN3ACSMR modem. I read the 14 pages of this forum and have exact issues as most of these people. I have tried port forwarding and everything that was either said here or LoLs troubleshooting page or during calls I've had with Rogers. I however am able to connect to the LoL games after several attempts to reconnect after i receive the 'firewall' error after champion select in game. What I do is to constantly reconnect which would take about 5-10 minutes.. And depending on whether the other players have connected as well (I am assuming), I would either connect right as the game starts or 5-10 minutes in game. This has worked every time I've attempted a game today, about 8 games. I would however get a Leaverbuster notice which makes me wait 10 minutes before I can queue up for a game. Not sure if this helps, but I just wanted to share my experience with this new modem. I appreciate Rogers updating us and would appreciate it even more if this was solved soon. Thanks.
I've Been Around

I too changed for a CGN3ACSMR about 2 weeks ago. First of, I was very happy with the service at ROGERS and everything was great. But recently I got into League of Legends again and I find it very upsetting to have to chase around for an older modem to make the game work. Especially that I already had to run by my neighbors and ask them if they minded having a wire up their trees for 6-8 weeks...

Is there any way I can 'not' have a Hitron Technologies modem and keep my plan with ROGERS?

I just contacted them to show my disappointment (only to make myself feel better) and I must say that I don't want to encourage that company anymore. For an oversea company that established itself 4 years ago in the USA, they are not making a great first impression; company that has been in this business for 29 years.

I've Been Here Awhile

i had a rogers high speed internet for a year now and thought i would get the new modem to increase the wireless speed to 5ghz. But now i cant play my favorite game at all. What kind of a service provider makes such an error since this particular game has gottan so famous in the last few years? I know so many people that play this game. Heck riot games even held the biggest e-sports event ever in human freaking history. If i were a service provider i would even include automatic leauge of legends port forwarding option in my modems. This kind of gaming communities are getting bigger and bigger evry day so rogers should recognize them and at least test their upgrade with these most popular games in mind. But i have an impression that rogers is so powerful in the market that they do not care as much as they should be for their customers. I think this problem must be fixed as soon as possible. If you google this problem you can see hundreds of people discussing it. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@eko1991 wrote:

i had a rogers high speed internet for a year now and thought i would get the new modem to increase the wireless speed to 5ghz. But now i cant play my favorite game at all. What kind of a service provider makes such an error since this particular game has gottan so famous in the last few years? I know so many people that play this game. Heck riot games even held the biggest e-sports event ever in human freaking history. If i were a service provider i would even include automatic leauge of legends port forwarding option in my modems. This kind of gaming communities are getting bigger and bigger evry day so rogers should recognize them and at least test their upgrade with these most popular games in mind. But i have an impression that rogers is so powerful in the market that they do not care as much as they should be for their customers. I think this problem must be fixed as soon as possible. If you google this problem you can see hundreds of people discussing it. 

One thing you need to understand as well though..  while yes, this is a MAJOR thing to fix, and should be fixed ASAP..
Fixes are not always EASY (just as the programmers of LoL, WoW, SC, or any other game).   A fix is not always an on/off switch type thing.   1/2 the time when you try to apply a fix for something, there is a chance it will break something else.  So sure it might fix LoL, but break someone elses experience on something else.