New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Make that 6 !!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I feel your pain... I'm in the same boat as we speak !!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here... One in every 10 games will connect !!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just call nearby rogers stores, ask  if they have CGN3 aka Advanced modem, and go exchange this garbage ACSMR for it.

The issue has been present for at least 3 weeks and there is still no fix.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sadly, it's happening to me too...

Rogers - please resolve this. I may need to migrate away if this isn't resolved promptly.

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

Having the same exact problem with Rogers.  I really hope I don't have to go back to Bell...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned.. unless you are 100% stuck on needing the AC portion of the router..

Call around to your local rogers stores.. and swap for the regular CGN3.  It does not appear to have these issues, and can do the exact same speeds

I've Been Around

I just picked up the same modem today after switching to a new service. I have the same problem, league of legends is unplayable. I don't play the game very often so not being able to isnt a huge bother, but how long does something like this generally take to fix? I don't know anything about how modems work but this seems like a huge oversight.

I Plan to Stick Around

GDKITTY. .. What exactly is the difference between the two??? I don't know if I need the AC aspect of it or not ...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Valkoria wrote:

I just picked up the same modem today after switching to a new service. I have the same problem, league of legends is unplayable. I don't play the game very often so not being able to isnt a huge bother, but how long does something like this generally take to fix? I don't know anything about how modems work but this seems like a huge oversight.

How long? Could be quite a while unfortunately.  Its not a direct firewall or other issue.. it something likely that a FIRMWARE update needs to be made for it.
These cant just be done by rogers.. it has to be done joint between rogers and Hitron..
They first need to find WHAT is causing it.
Write something to FIX it.
Put that in place and TEST it... dont want it to break 10 other things by fixing the one.

Then could be released.... but all that takes time.