New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I would agree with that assessment.  You indicated that you had a CGN3 previously, and it ran League of Legends without any issues?  That is to say, with the modem in Bridge mode?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

well, for me when i bridge it and use my own router, the game doesnt work either way

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In my case specifically, I had the CGN3 about 5 months ago. It worked for the game, but not for my other hardware (I tried this in only gateway mode), hence why I ended changing back to the CGN2 (worked for both the game and the other hardware). 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

btw can you use the cgn2 with the 250u ignite internet?

if it can i might just switch the one i have for that one and live happily ever after?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think the CGN2 is offered anymore. I think we're forced into the CGN3 or CGN3ACSMR.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

guess ill cancel my rogers internet (only had it for 3 days)

and get bell since not streaming is killing earnings...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem i have been having over the last few days. I just recently got the newest Rogers AC modem and since it has been upgraded from my last one i can't login to the only computer game i really play which is League Of Legends. At first i thought it was just a server problem and tried a few fixes posted on their forums but nothing seemed to work after numerous tries. I called Rogers and informed them of this problem and was told i didn't have the newest firmware downloaded to the new modem. The error at hand is one of a connection issue to the League of Legends server after i select my champion and the countdown for the game to begin is over. The screen goes black and i get the loading icon, but after a few seconds i hear a beep and my icon turns to the default windows arrow and the screen is still black. After shelling out the desktop i am awaited by a error message stating i can't connect to the server and it may be a firewall problem. Since first reading this message, i turned both my windows firewall and the modem firewall off to try one game and the error still persists. I renamed  the logitech.dll files that were apparently creating this problem and rebooted and still nothing. I have tried everything i can from the League of Legends forums for this fix but still no progress. Then out of curiousity i tried the game on my son's computer and it worked fine. We are on the same internet in the same room but i am running Windows 8.1 and he is running Windows 7. I really need some help as this is the only game i play on my computer and its really getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the same modem and am experiencing the same problem with the firewall error. I was told by Rogers that it was a firmware update that was needed on the modem but after that was updated the problem persisted. I tried all the "firewall error" solutions on the League of Legends forums and still no luck. But, i have 3 computers in the same room all on the same internet (2 windows 8.1 and 1 Windows 7). But the windows 8.1 ones get this error, and the windows 7 one does not. I am totally confused now.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you indicate which are wired, or wireless?  The reason I ask that question is because of the introduction of 802.11w in Windows 8.1, which would be built into the wireless drivers.  That is to protect management frames within the 802.11 message structure, and is not game related.   Here's a link to a Cisco chapter on 802.11w:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/1...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On my desktop, I'm running Windows 7 with a wired connection. On my laptop, I'm running Windows 7 with a wireless connection. Both cases result in the same error as before.