New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

im just salty after i was treated like trash by this company 😧
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If it changes anything, I have found about 5 people now with this same problem. Specifically, the game League of Legends and the CGN3ACSMR modem are the common denominators. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah, everything i have done also points to the modem being the issue, not sure what to really do.

Highlighted

Hello @haguuhar and @teegeh,

The issue is really puzzling; you have tried good troubleshooting to resolve the issue, especially bridging the modem. In bridge mode, modem is just passing on and firewall is not in play. Would you please check the firmware, the current version is 4.4.8.14, it’s listed on Status/System Information page and we are looking for Software Version.

Thank you for your patience.
RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Simple solution, especially if you have your own router, return the CGN3ACSMR and pick up a CGN3, given that the CGN3 appears to work, according to other posts.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am currently on version 4.4.8.13. As to changing the modem to the CGN3, that is not an option because that specific modem (CGN3) has a compatibility issue with another piece of hardware that I am running. It is easier to use my current modem because that other piece of hardware works with my current modem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, hmm, between a rock and a hard place.  Not good.  It looks like there is a newer firmware version out.  I would call tech support and determine if they can force the upload.  Its supposed to occur within 48 hours of the modem going online, but, if the uploading is the same for both modems, I would expect 3 to 4 days before seeing the upload.  If the firmware has been out for a while, and you have had the modem for a "while", then the upload should have run.

Here is a thread to have a look at:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/asus-rt-ac66u-problem-opening-ports.210349/

Kind of a shot in the dark, but the thread describes a discrepancy between the external IP addresss assigned to a modem, and what the follow on Asus router was detecting as the WAN IP Address.  Simply put, if you check your router, have a look at the WAN IP address.  Then use http://www.ip-adress.com/ to determine your IP address through that external site.  The two address should match.  In the case mentioned in the link, the addresses did not match, ergo, problems with port forwarding.  Like I said, a shot in the dark, but maybe worth a quick check.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I checked my WAN IP address vs. my public IP address and they are the same. Is there release notes for this firmware update, as I can't seem to find any.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Release notes, nope.  I have asked for them, but no success so far.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i honestly dont see this being fixed anytime soon with the replies i got at the help desk (5  different attempts at calling today)