New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I just changed from a hybrid fibre 30 (with CGN2 modem) to the Rogers Ignite 60 (with the CGN3ACSMR modem). I'm not sure why, but I now get firewall errors when I try to load up the game. The internet works fine, other than the specific case in the game. Does anyone know what is happening, or how to fix it? I have tried port forwarding, turning the modem into bridge mode, even disabling the router's firewall. None of these options have fixed the problem.

*Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New CGN3ACSMR Modem, not compatible with League of Legends?

I have also attempted tethering to my phone, that seems to work fine with the game, which leads me to believe that there is an incompatibility issue with this new modem and the game.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is one other user which has said similar problems..

But i am not sure completely how.  With it in gateway, perhaps i could see it.. a NAT issue or something else..

But if you are in bridge mode.. that  should be removed and it more based on your other router (or PC if its directly connected)..
The MODEM part itself should not be blocking anything then.. it just passes it along.. 

Are you able to ping / reach the servers?

And define firewall errors.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I currently have my modem is bridge mode, with an external ASUS router. My PC is connected via ethernet. When I ping their server (216.52.241.254), it is successful. As for the firewall error, the game client doesn't specify the exact error. It gives a generic error when the game is starting to load up. The error that appears is "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection, please refer to your firewall's documentation." The only change between when it worked vs. when it didnt work is the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the EXACT SAME problem, i tried port forwarding to no avail.

I called the help center, they did literally nothing to help.

Tried setting the cgn modem into bridged mode and use my own net gear 750 router with its own port forwarding STILL NOTHING.

I call the help center again, representative isnt helpful, talk to the manager, she keeps talking about the internet being fine.

Finally in tears(seriously), i ge the response "pay techxperts 120 and they'll fix it"

On the verge of insanity now.

I can confirm its an issue with rogers and not the users because i go down to tim hortons wifi (bell) and the game works fine, come home and same problem happens. 

One guy told me the firmware on these new routers doesnt let u port forward properly.

If this isnt fixed (free of charge, because paying for something that everyone i know has no issues using without even port forwarding is INSANE).

if anyone has a solution your reply would be appreciated, other wise its bell first thing in the morning.

-The customer who's been running left and right trying to fix this

I Plan to Stick Around

I 100% agree with you. A friend of mine is using the CGN3 modem. He is getting no problems whatsoever. So I know its not a server side issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

its just dissapointing because i sat on a 14 hour flight to move back to canada so i could stream league, and now rogers is doing this. 

worst part is it was already confirmed its a problem with rogers and they show no signs of fixing it

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have any of you looked at the port forwarding site and set up the modem or routers as per the instructions on the site?

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/League_of_Legends/

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, that was the guide I used for port forwarding. I believe I did it correctly because on a port checking software that I have, it says those ports are open.

I Plan to Stick Around

trust me, the port forwarding was done correctly on our end.

Its a firmware issue, dont worry all u have to do is pay techxperts to fix it for over a $100 

then you can play the game literally everyone plays without paying the $100

welcome to rogers Smiley Tongue