*NEW* Internet Pricing and Plan comparison

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

*NEW* Internet Pricing and Plan comparison

Old Packages Speed Usage Cost NEW PACKAGES SPEED USAGE COST
Hybrid Fibre 250/20 500gb $99.99 Ignite 250u 250/20 Unlimited $94.99
Hybrid Fibre 150/10 350gb $88.99 Ignite 100u 100/10 Unlimited $84.99
Hybrid Fibre 60/10 120gb $72.99 Ignite 60 60/10 200gb $74.99

Hybrid Fibre 30/5 70gb $64.99 Internet 30 30/5 100gb $64.99
Hybrid Fibre @ 10/1 25gb $51.99        

- New prices include rental       Includes Shomi and Game Center Live ($25/m value)
- +15 for +200gb usage       Includes Modem Rental    
- +25 for unlimited              

Here is an UPDATED comparison, between the previous packages, and the CURRENT offerings.

(i THINK i have the prices right for the previous hybrid packages, as they went up a few weeks ago, but not sure the final amount on all packages, but was about $3 on most)

This is TWO packages ago list, just for comparison as well

Older Packages (first Gen D3 modem package)

Speed Usage Cost
Ultimate 250/20 1tb $127.49 + rental
Old Ultimate 150/10 250g $127.49 + rental
Extreme Plus 45/4 150g $79.49 + rental
Extreme 35/3 100g $69.49 + rental
Express 25/2 80g $56.49 + rental
Lite  6/.5 20g $45.99 + rental

+ 10 (bundled) or + 30 not bundled to add unlimited

****Edited Lables****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: *NEW* Internet Pricing and Plan comparison

One Note.... this may be subject to change..

I did call and talk to someone..   now this is what info they had/could see/do on their screen, etc... AT THIS TIME.  It might change even after i type this.. i dont know.    I may call back later in the month to confirm.

When i called to inquire, i had them look at EVERYTHING to see if there would be any savings with the new bundles.  I have a promo discount.. and it still wins out right now... but at least on a NO promo price, seems to be about even $ wise, but you get MORE for your $ (was more LD on phone, shomi, GCL, etc).

BUT.. this is where i am not sure.. want to check up on.

They said that with the new internet, was not able to change it INDEPENDANTLY of the other stuff.. it forced an overall bundle change.

So anyone with a promo discount... or probably should just anyways.... ASK about overall pricing.
Ask what if you change your 2+ services.. what the NEW price will be overall... vs what you pay now.

I Plan to Stick Around

plus dont forget about the three month promo and the fact that includes the modem rental...fantastic prices..and UNLIMITED USAGE!!! for 100 and up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes. Those prices are the ONGOING prices.

It appears, from when i called.. again, as long as you SWITCH bundles, etc.. you can get the 3 month promo prices, regardless of new customer.

The 100+ packages, seem to be where the REAL savings are.

Trying to move people towards the higher ones.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just upgraded mine and already into Shomi. Have to wait for my GCL to activate. Lots of content in Shomi, very happy with this package now

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to Craig543's comments, Rogers has done away with the separation between the internet service cost and the modem rental cost.  So, the $94.99 cost will not change regardless of whether or not you own a CGN3 for example.  Here is a link to the Hybrid Fibre plans for comparison purposes:

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

Looking at the 250 Mpb/s down / 20 Mbp/s up, 500 Gb / month, with modem the cost is $102.99.  Unlimited is another $25 for a total of $127.99

The same now, 250 Mb/s down / 20 Mbp/s up, Unlimited, with modem or without modem, the cost is $94.99.  Throw in a 3 month promo at $69.99, and that doesn't appear to be a bad deal.  Of course this does not take into consideration the bundling issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Datalink "So, the $94.99 cost will not change regardless of whether or not you own a CGN3 for example"

So, are you saying that now that I own my CGN3 I'll be paying the same price as someone who is using a Rogers modem?

If that's true that guess I just got ripped off by Rogers again!!!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

This is really pushing a lot more customers to unlimited.  We can't complain about unrealistically low bandwidth caps any more, at least not with the 100+ plans.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mrbrimi,

Yes, apparently so.  On the other hand, if you had unlimited with 250 down / 20 up and your own modem, you would be paying $115.99 under the hybrid plan.  Now you end up paying $94.99, with a three month promo at $69.99.  So, modem or not, its still a better price.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Okay, I am confused about two things:

1) Are we absolutely sure the modem rental isn't still being billed out separately like it was with the Hybrid Fibre plans?

2) The Rocket modem, I presume that's the CGN3 by another name?

3) It seems like the former sweet spot, i.e. the 150, is now gone?