My internet has been ROCK SOLID recently - has Rogers made any changes?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

My internet has been ROCK SOLID recently - has Rogers made any changes?

I don't know if Rogers has changed anything recently but my internet has been more solid than ever in the last month or so.  I run a script that pings www.google.com every minute and log the results.  Typically I would have about 4-5 bad pings per day and some days when there were a bunch of failures in the middle of the night, likely due to a maintenance window.  

But in the last month things have been remarkably solid - two bad pings on Feb 9 and about 12 bad pings on Feb 7.

I usually run a remote connection running X2go on a PC that connects to a VPN.  This used to drop pretty much every night and now it never drops. 

I wonder if Rogers has changed anything recently?

p.s. This is a nice change from 12 months ago when many of us were fighting with the bad firmware on the CGN3 that would crash every day or two.

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: My internet has been ROCK SOLID recently - has Rogers made any changes?

I have noticed the same with my Rogers connection. 

Good evening @wayner92 ,

Thank you for your post ! 

I don't have any specifics on what Rogers has done recently to improve the reliability of the service in your area but I know that we always put in efforts to upgrade our network and the level of service we provide our customers.

We are actively working to ameliorate the overall customer experience by enhancing  the quality of our services and we are glad to see that things have been going great for you recently Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for contributing to the community, your feedback is always appreciated !

RogersMaude

It looks like I jinxed myself as I had five lost packets between 1:13 and 1:46 on Saturday Feb 28.  But that was almost 19 days between bad packets or 27,000 good pings in a row.

I really jinxed myself - major packet loss between noon and 3 today.  I called in and they said it was a problem in my area - but it seems to have cleared up 40 mins ago.

Rogers Employee BAppel81
Rogers Employee

Gosh! I haven't heard anything! Please keep us updated about if you have any further issues!