cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Ethernet Ports needed

kimmal
I plan to stick around

Newbie hardware question, so be gentle :).  One is going to my PS4 (yes, I know I can enable wifi on it) and one is going to my office where I have a desktop computer.  I'm in the process of adding some home automation and need to add a hub, which needs to be connected to my modem, for some of my devices .  Now, that means that I need 3 Ethernet ports (minimum), but with the Rogers Ignite modem it only has 2.  I saw some Ethernet extenders on Amazon, would they do the trick or should I get something a bit more robust (I have no clue what that would be)

TIA

Allan

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: More Ethernet Ports needed

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Just purchase an Ethernet "switch" to add more Ethernet ports. Go to a place like Best Buy, Canada Computers, Staples. etc.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1045_355&item_id=034280

Just what the doctor ordered.

I myself have a 24 port gigabit switch.

abheha
I've been around
Hello everyone,

Am I able to connect a NAS to these ports?
Am i able to control/access the nas wirelessly through the the Rogers hub? It is a wired NAS. Do I need to configure the gateway in any specific way?

Thanks,
A

Hello Community!

Is there anyone out there with working experience of a NAS that would be able to help @abheha out?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation