Modem is showing connected but no internet access

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Modem is showing connected but no internet access

Are you using a VPN (app or on a browser)?
I had a similar problem a year ago and discovered the VPN app was the cause. You might try installing a VPN app (I use Betternet) to see what happens.
I also had the problem a few years ago and think the modem was the problem but can't find any notes on it...or maybe the problem went away. I do know Rogers support couldn't help resolve.
Just guessing at this point. Will continue to look thru old emails and let you know.
Bertrand1
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I am not using any VPN. 

Thanks for your help, I appreciate.

Cheers,

cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

I have never had a problem i couldn't fix...on my computers equipment. Fixing others remotely isn't always successful.
As your ISP (Rogers) is ultimately responsible for your access to the internet (via their equipment), it may be time to contact tech support for assistance or take your modem to a Rogers store for free replacement.
Bertrand1
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello everybody, 

The modem worked fine for the past week and but came back today with "Connected, No internet". I found another user with a similar issue :

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/router-occasionally-fails-to-asssign-ipv4-address/

"I've just had another failure.
-the Wifi devices connecting to the cable modem/router LAN were unable to get a correct IPv4 address. They got a 169.254.x.x address.
0the Wifi devices connecting to the ASUS router were able to get a correct IPv4 address.

To me, this proves that the problem is the DHCP autoconfiguration process in the cable modem/router.

Armed with this information, I called my ISP (Rogers in Canada). After a lengthy discussion with both their front line tech and their Level 2 tech, they advised me that this is a known problem and they are working on a fix. It was a little unclear but it sounded like the firmware fix was still in the Beta stage. They indicated that they would download a firmware upgrade to my cable router/modem (Hitron CODA 4582)."

I will try to get this firmware update.

cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

Am I missing something?
After all your efforts, you finally convinced Rogers it's their problem (and they finally admitted it)...and don't have it identified in their FAQ or anywhere else a use might look.
Why didn't they offer to replace the modem?
If this is a firmware KNOWN problem, why don't a lot of others have it?
Babalsekhon
I've Been Around

Hi
I am unable to access other websites on rogers internet rather than google. Does not work at all, it even stopped on my iphone and samsung phone. Same problem like laptop, only google opens. Please help me to figure out that problem. I have to submit urgent reports online.
Thanks

lurker_test
I Plan to Stick Around

Same issue here. Looks like Rogers had a massive network outage on cable starting at 19:35. Looks like dhcp because i cannot pull any IPv4 address. IPv6 works fine thought so still able to browse to IPv6 sites. Yeah for dual stack.

Mukesh1
I've Been Around

Internet is down since 7:00pm

lurker_test
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers DHCP Outage April 10, 2018 19:35 - Peel Region

Service is back and it was definitely a DHCPv4 issue as I received a new IP address. No need to power cycle anything either. While Rogers get a notch for being dual stack so this was not a complete outage, this is still a major fail for not having a forum post about the outage. One of the major point of a forum is keep the community informed and there was nothing from the Mods about the issue.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Fortunately got access back about 1am.  I was wondering if it was a Rogers outage or just my connection.  Even if there was a notice on the forum it wouldn't help if you can't connect to the internet.
Anyway I'm a happy camper now. Smiley Happy