Modem is showing connected but no internet access

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Modem is showing connected but no internet access

I had the same problem last night. I think it was a Rogers problems. For the 20 minutes or so that I could connect I googled Rogers internet outage and noted that much of southern Ontario and Eastern Ontario (Ottawa area) were having outage problems.

All seems fine just now.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello everybody,

Since yesterday, I have a strange problem with my Hitron CODA-4582 rogers modem/router. 

If I disconnect from the network and I try to reconnect a device, I have the error message :

"Connected, no Internet". I am able to reproduce this issue with a Windows laptop, an android phone, a google chromecast and also using the ethernet cable.

Screenshot_20180303-080016.png

The other devices that have not been disconnected continue to work while the last connected device is experiencing network issues.

If I reboot the rogers modem, everything works until I disconnect and try to reconnect a specific device.

How can I solve this issue ? I am rebooting my modem many times which is really annoying.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Bertrand

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

The problem affects only certain devices at a time, the other ones work fine. So I suspect the problem is coming from the router and not the modem.

Right now, I can use the internet on the laptop I am using to reply your message, while my android phone does not have access to the internet (both devices are connected to the same WIFI).

Yesterday was the other way around : my smartphone was working fine while my laptop was connected but no access to the internet. 

I tried rebooting the devices without any success. Rebooting the rogers modem/router fixes the issue temporarily.

Cheers,

Bertrand

I Plan to Stick Around

Is the"no access"via a browser?
Indicating it does contract initially, suggests the problem is the browser.
If so, try clearing the browser's cache and history or try another browser.
I think you are just using the rogers modem (which has a wireless router) but if you have 2 separate devices, there may be a separate problem.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has a networkaid site to help you determine if there is a problem in your area.

Unfortunately, it doesn't show history so only useful at the time of the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

As i indicated last year, first approach is to contact rogers tech support, as it may be a local outage. See my recent post (a few minutes ago) re NetworkAid. There is also an outage site which includes Rogers outages that might be helpful, if Rogers disavows.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello everybody,

Thanks for your replies. I was reading online about similar issues with different brands of routers. Could it be an issue with the MAC table entry ?

I am able to reproduce this test :  I reboot the CODA-4582 rogers modem and I am able to connect with all of my devices (laptops, smartphones ... no issue to use any apps or browser). I turn off the wifi on my smartphone and try to reconnect and I always get "connected no internet" when I try to rejoin the wifi network.

So this is definitively a problem that can be reproduced.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Bertrand

I Plan to Stick Around

Same result with 2.4 and 5G?
Same result with another smartphone?
Same result after resetting the modem?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I get the same results on both 2.4 and 5G. I am able to reproduce the same results on 2 android smartphones, on a Windows 7 laptop and on a linux (ubuntu) laptop.

I will try resetting the modem.

Cheers,

I Plan to Stick Around

I did a factory reset of the modem but I still have the same issue.

Cheers,