Modem is showing connected but no internet access

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Modem is showing connected but no internet access

No reason they can't put outages on their tech support phone line.
lurker_test
I Plan to Stick Around

@jays77wrote:

Even if there was a notice on the forum it wouldn't help if you can't connect to the internet.

That is ridiculous and a very selfish way of thinking. Just because it wouldn't have been helpful to you, doesn't mean others wouldn't benefit. Many users have alternate means of getting online, which was evident by mine, @Babalsekhon and @Mukesh1 posts during the outage. The first thing I did was disconnect my mobile from my wifi and checked this forum for an update on the issue and I am sure other users did the same.

cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

Being confrontational doesn't help.
Try pointing out the better approach without attacking a community member.
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I would have to side with @jays77  on this one.  Once I don't have Internet access at home, I am out of luck - I have to phone in as the only option.

My smart phones do not have data on my plan, unless by chance they allow LTE access to their support channels, which I have never tried before.

The alternative in my case, since it was asked for, is I could go to the local coffee shop, or library, or make a phone call.  It also goes for the notices that show up on the MyRogers page now - fine unless you don't have Internet access.  I don't have mobile data for one reason, and one reason only.  I can't afford it. I have low end services on everything.

Fixed income kind of forces that on one, as prices keep increasing, my salary is fixed on disability benefits, and no other income in the household right now.

So maybe not worded the way one would like, but I have to agree with him - not selfish, just the reality - all I see is him pointing out that it won't help if you can't connect - I am guessing he is speaking of himself, and others, like myself.  So I respectfully disagree. It is neither rediculous or selfish - yes it helps those who have other access to Internet, but there remain people who do not.  So quite evident to me what he was saying - it doesn't work for him (I am guessing, maybe he was speaking for others like me - he knows I don't have mobile data).

So again, glad to see you back, enjoy your comments, but this one I have to disagree - Your solution does not work for me. So I wait on the phone - I do remember at one point, if you called Rogers support, they listed areas that outages occurred.  Haven't had to call on that one in a while.

Bruce

lurker_test
I Plan to Stick Around

@cwrb@BS, Fair enough, but it was not meant as a personal attack. Generalizing that an outage notification via the forum "wouldn't help" is just wrong.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I may be wrong, but I don't think that any of us are generalizing that it won't benefit others, I can only speak for myself, I am saying in my circumstance, it is of now use to me when I don't have Internet.  If you have alternative access to the Internet, it is a great resource, and I have in the past acknowledged how good it was that they began to post it on the web site and here in its own outage section.  For me, if it is down, I will have to phone in.

robinjohn
I've Been Here Awhile

Lights on but no internet

For months now our modem shows all light on but no internet connection. I have both a wired connection and a couple devices on wireless. It will be working then bam no connection. Sometimes it workes after i unplug the modem... but not for long. I recently exchanged my modem for a new one in hopes that would fix the problem ...nope. we are now having the same issue. we are in Waterloo region. Cambridge area to be a little more clear.

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @robinjohn,

Thanks for posting your question on our Community Forum and welcome :)!

I can certainly understand your frustration, especially considering you've been dealing with this for a few months now. If you can provide a bit more info so we can better assess your situation.  You mentioned using both wired and wireless connections, are both simultaneously disconnecting or is it  primarily your WiFi? Do you have a 3rd party router connected to our modem?

Also, if you can log into the modem and go to the DOCSIS WAN page and post the signal levels. We want to ensure they're within spec, first and foremost, since this sounds like it may be a signal issue. 

Here are the steps to find your signal specs, in case you're not familiar:

1. Connect your device to your Wi-Fi modem either with an ethernet cable or over your WiFi network.
  2. Open a web browser and key in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
  3. Enter the following default settings to access the modem settings and select Login:

• Username: cusadmin

• Password: password (or your current Wi-Fi password)

4. Select Status at the top > DOCSIS WAN

From there you can copy the upstream and downstream tables. Please ensure to remove your CM MAC and IP address.

Also, do you have any other cable services with us? If so, are they impacted at the time of the internet interruption?   

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

robinjohn
I've Been Here Awhile

no 3rd party router or connection. yes all internet access just drops on both wired and wireless..the other services are unaffected. no I can't log into modem no connection.
cwrb
I Plan to Stick Around

Not able to log into your modem is a problem.
What happened when you enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser?
Reset the modem and try again.
If you cannot see the modem from your browser, you cannot access the internet.