cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix Gen.1 and Gen 2 pods

PBThirteen
I've been here awhile

Is it possible to mix Gen 1 and Gen 2 pods? If so are there any negatives to it?. I have 2 gen 2 in the house and want to put one gen 1in the pool house to extend outdoor coverage. Thanks

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mix Gen.1 and Gen 2 pods

RogersTony

Hello, @PBThirteen

Thanks so much for posting your inquiry in the community! 🙂

I can understand how convenient it would be to be able to extend your WiFi coverage to your pool house. There should not be any issues doing this.

Pod placement is very important to consider. If the pods and the modem are too close together they can cause interference with each other. If the pods are too far away from the modem, another pod, or if the signal is weak in that area, then the pods will not function well.

Keep the community posted if you are having issues and we can help troubleshoot it for you.

RogersTony

Yes, You can use Gen1 and Gen2 pods together but I would keep the Gen1 pod at a far distance from the modem.

Example :   

Modem > Gen2 Pod here (Close to the modem)  > Gen 2 pod here  > Gen1 pod here  ( recommending this pattern ) 
Modem > Gen1 Pod > Gen 2 Pod > Gen 2 Pod ( I won't recommend )

Modem > Gen2 pod > Gen1 Pod > Gen 2 Pod ( I won't recommend )

We wann avoid the Gen1 a the beginning of the Mesh network and at the mid of the Mesh Network. 

Hope this will help even further.

Thanks!

PBThirteen
I've been here awhile
All is working great. Thanks for the help!

RogersTony

Hello, @PBThirteen.

It is great to hear that you have been able to get your current setup to work to your satisfaction. 

We have looked into this further and contrary to my original post, it looks like it is not ideal to mix Gen 1 and Gen 2 pods in the same mesh network as there could be performance inconsistencies. 

My apologies for the error.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation