Mislead, lied to, blown off...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Mislead, lied to, blown off...

On Friday I upgraded from 30 to Ignite 100. Told all I had to do was go in and exchange my modem for a Rocket. In to the store I went taking my CGN2 and exchanged for the Rocket and back home to "plug and play" per the store rep. Back home and after carefully following all instructions could not get a WAN connection (showed "denied"). First call to tech support,  agent did not investigate. I was told " would take up to 5 hours" to have new MAC address updated to my account. Waited patiently until the next morning (closer to 15 hours). Still no WAN connection. Call back tech support after calls to tech support, transfer to customer service, customer service/tech support, wait, wait, wait, I was told it was "a known issue" and would likely be resolved in 24 hours now would "open a ticket". 48 hours later still no connectivity. Automated call said, techs working on the problem, still no connectivity and no information how long it might be. 

Here is what I believe: 1. the issue was known at the time customer retention upgraded me. In his zeal to get a customer to a long term commitment he intentionally mislead me to think I would have "any service" Friday, Saturday, Sunday... 2, Tech support just blew me off as just another customer giving some insincere patronizing apology and an inaccurate estimated outage to get me off the phone 3. lied to by tech support to expect service within 24 hours when there is no chance of restoration before it is addressed by hardware techs when they return to work Monday. No Company the size of Rogers has no backup server hardware and restore backups but they do go the cheap and minimize weekend support. They do answer the phones and have support to lead customer resolved issues but don't have hardware support techs on weekends to handle anything but crisis situations which a new unconnected customer is not. Telling customers any different is nothing but a lie.

One guarantee I will make is I am only a continuing customer until I find a better alternative and that certainly will not take much replacing no service with any service.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Mislead, lied to, blown off...

Hi @only12beat,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of not being able to use your new service and modem. We would love this opportunity to follow up for you and look into your escalated cases. I  have sent you a private message to reply to, from our @CommunityHelps, you can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

We also have some of our resident experts @Gdkitty@Datalink, and @VivienM on the Community, that might be able to assist with troubleshooting.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RogersArthur wrote:

We also have some of our resident experts @Gdkitty@Datalink, and @VivienM on the Community, that might be able to assist with troubleshooting. 

I don't have much to add, but I would personally suspect that something went wrong in the store, and they did not properly provision the new modem they handed you... and then the phone support reps failed to diagnose the problem.

Either that, or there is indeed a big huge giant outage of the provisioning systems...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with @VivienM, something went wrong at the store, and, the customer service reps that you talked with over the phone failed to pickup on the modem change and provisioning for the higher speed.  There really isn't anything that any of the Resident Experts can do in this particular case as both of those items can only be handled by Roger's staff.  I can only reflect in my change over to the CGN3, where I talked with a CSR on the phone, upgraded the internet plan to a higher speed which I saw reflected immediately in the modem's data rate, and then swapped my existing modem for a CGN3 at the nearest Rogers store.  Came home, plugged in the CGN3 and all was good.  So, I hate to say it but it appears that you had a number of things go wrong, one after the other and none of the CSRs picked up on the issues.  From what I've seen, interacting with both the store staff and CSRS over the phone, if the store staff make a mistake, the CSR may not be able to correct it.  You may have to go back to the store to have the staff correct the error.  Don't know why there is such a disconnect between the capabilities of the store staff versus the CSRs, and by that I refer to any account changes or entries that have to be completed within Rogers customer account system.  Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink wrote:

I agree with @VivienM, something went wrong at the store, and, the customer service reps that you talked with over the phone failed to pickup on the modem change and provisioning for the higher speed.  There really isn't anything that any of the Resident Experts can do in this particular case as both of those items can only be handled by Roger's staff.  I can only reflect in my change over to the CGN3, where I talked with a CSR on the phone, upgraded the internet plan to a higher speed which I saw reflected immediately in the modem's data rate, and then swapped my existing modem for a CGN3 at the nearest Rogers store.  Came home, plugged in the CGN3 and all was good.  So, I hate to say it but it appears that you had a number of things go wrong, one after the other and none of the CSRs picked up on the issues.  From what I've seen, interacting with both the store staff and CSRS over the phone, if the store staff make a mistake, the CSR may not be able to correct it.  You may have to go back to the store to have the staff correct the error.  Don't know why there is such a disconnect between the capabilities of the store staff versus the CSRs, and by that I refer to any account changes or entries that have to be completed within Rogers customer account system.  Smiley Sad

Interesting, that seem to have worked differently for you than for me. For me, I think the phone people put in an 'incomplete' work order for the new plan... incomplete because a requirement for the new plan (the modem) wasn't met. Then the people at the store do the hardware swap and close the work order... and that magically enables everything (the new speed and that particular modem) in the provisioning system.

One thing I learned many years ago: a work order has to be 'closed' for the provisioning system to recognize a modem. I had a technician who left without closing the work order for some reason... and the Internet didn't work. Phone support said that that was why...

I've Been Here Awhile

Tech support reported it as a known issue with the provisioning system. I treat everything I am told as fiction as no one so far seems to have a solution
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I haven't heard of any known issues with the provisioning system. That would be something that gets reported both to technical support and otherwise if it was affecting that many people. Honestly it sounds like someone simply didn't close out the work order correctly at the store level. I'd go back there and make sure they did things on their end correctly.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lockdown2341

Its happened to me on Feb 24th. Tech came over to change the modem and the exact same thing happened. I was without Internet for almost a week. It's a provisioning problem which i can confirm it does happen from time to time. The tech did everything on his end here and even the center agents he called couldn't do anything.

At the end it was a provisioning problem in the back end which caused this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your input however I am just relaying what 2nd level Tech support told me. I am still without service into the 4th day and I am not about to start a goose chase back to the store to do Rogers job for them. My next trip and effort will be to a new provider since my business means so little to Rogers. I know I am just one lowly soul...
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!!! I find it interesting that folks want to tell me I wasn't told what Tech support told me :-)
I don't know if and what it is/was. What I know is I have no service and it is not at my end and no one is telling me anything beyond what I have shared in the Forum.