Manage different email address through Rogers Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Manage different email address through Rogers Internet

Hi Everybody,

I'm pretty new in that country and I brought with me the legacy of different email accounts set up in Europe.

I uesd to manage that a Third part App, Thunderbird.

I didn't find a solution to setup my SMTP capable to send different account like *.gmail , etc...

Someone could help me ?

Today my SMTP setting are:

Server name: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

port:465

Security connection:SSL/TLS

Thank you in advance,

Davide

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm an Advisor

Re: Manage different email address through Rogers Internet

For 'large' 'modern' accounts such as Gmail, use Google (or the respective provider)'s outbound server. Nowadays, authenticated outbound SMTP on a non-25 port is perfectly routine and generally speaking the best solution. 

If you have any accounts that don't offer an outbound server, then you can use Rogers Yahoo's server. You have the right settings, you need to authenticate with your @rogers.com account, and the email address you want to send from needs to be registered with Yahoo. (I forget exactly what the process for that is or where it is documented...)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Zannawhite,

Not sure what you are asking - are you having trouble configuring a third-party e-mail app to check your Rogers e-mail? If so, check this link: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/email/87?setLanguage=en.

You can also get step-by-step instructions at this link: https://www.rogers.com/web/content/emaildownload.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the answers,

I don't have Rogers email but a gmail account which I would like to set up properly in Thunderbird.

The instruction you linked I've already seen e doesn't help to configure a NON rogers email address.

Davide.

I'm an Advisor

Have you seen this? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail 

Seems like recent versions of Thunderbird have built-in Gmail awareness.

Even ignoring that, this is not a Rogers issue. As indicated in my earlier post, Gmail is a 'modern' provider that provides an outbound SMTP relay (smtp.gmail.com port 587 or probably 465), so just set up Thunderbird to use that. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you again for the support.

Finally I solved the issue with Thunderbird.

Instead to try to change the actual setting of the email, where honestly I didn't find the "trigger" to switch from POP to IMAP, I decided to set up a new account with the same credential.

Probably that specific procedure allowed the GMAIL account to recognize the Thunderbird App and the mail starts to work.

Davide