Mail Folders

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mail Folders

How do I remove Rogers Yahoo Mail Folders (personal & other) from appearing in my Email Client?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Mail Folders

Alot of it may come down to how you are connecting to the email server.

If you are connecting through an IMAP sort of auto connection to the yahoo servers, it usualy syncs ALL the folders which are on the webmail, to whatever client you are using.

Setting it up to collect via PoP, will copy EVERYTHING.. but not via folders, so that will include all pre filtered spam, etc.  Also depending on settings, will leave stuff on the server or completely remove it (so you couldnt view via web mail later)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Alot of it may come down to how you are connecting to the email server.

If you are connecting through an IMAP sort of auto connection to the yahoo servers, it usualy syncs ALL the folders which are on the webmail, to whatever client you are using.

Setting it up to collect via PoP, will copy EVERYTHING.. but not via folders, so that will include all pre filtered spam, etc.  Also depending on settings, will leave stuff on the server or completely remove it (so you couldnt view via web mail later)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yahoo mail shows spam I cannot see in MS Outlook client

Hi all - I have a need to monitor my spam folder in MS Outlook. In Yahoo mail I see the Spam folder with messages but nothing in MS Outlook. What do I need to change in my settings? - Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can I remove the local folders from online Yahoo mail?

I've noticed that recently my local folders - (in my Thunderbird mail program on my PC) are replicated in the online version of the same account.  The problem with this is that depending on whether my PC is on or not mail will arrive in either the online Inbox, or the Inbox inside Folders which is linked to my home setup. 

Further complicating this is that the Rules I have setup at home will move online mail into a folder before its read, so new mail can be found in several places. If they want to replicate the setup on my home PC online, then there should be no online folders - but there both exist.  Is there any way to stop this new linking feature? 

Charles

Highlighted

Good day @Charles_I,

Thank you for your post!

I know how important it is to identify your new and unread emails quickly.

I can imagine the inconveniences caused by not seeing the messages you receive right away.

To manage your email folders, you should right-click (control-click on Mac) any folder you’ve created to perform more folder actions.

• Create subfolder - Group folders under other folders.
  • Rename folder - Change the name of a folder.
  • Move folder - Rearrange your folders’ order.
  • Delete folder - Remove any empty folders.

At this time, since you are using Thunderbird and it is no longer fully supported, you might be limited in the settings you can modify. I might recommend you to use Outlook, for example. 

Anybody in the community can help @Charles_I shed some light on how to manage his mail folders rules?

Feel free to chime in!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How can I disconnect the connection to my local folders in online mail?

My online Yahoo Rogers account contains the folders on my local (home) PC.  I would like to have all of my online mail completely separate from my local setup.  I need to download the mail at home but I don't want the Folders dropdown with all of my local folders to appear online. I cannot simply delete these folders online or it will delete my local folders and mail as well. How can I remove this connection?

Thanks

Charles

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Please note the above reply does not address this question. I do not need to know how to move or create folders.
Highlighted

Hello, @Charles_I

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. If you don't want your webmail folders syncing with your email client folders on your PC you should use POP settings instead of IMAP on your email client.

Would you please confirm if your email client is configured with IMAP settings? 

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers,

RogersMoin