MSO or CES password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

MSO or CES password

Hello, I have been having problems with my CGN2-ROG router and when i have looked online it tells me to login to the MSO or CES account but doesnt give any passwords or anything like that if you know about any passwords that might be able to hep me let me know 

Thanks in advance!!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: MSO or CES password

The information is provided in the package that came with the modem, however all Rogers' gateway/modems have the same userid and password out of the factory.

Userid:   cusadmin

Password:  password

In lower case.    You might want to change the password on the unit thru the admin menus if you've never done that before so that it's not at factory default and increase your security.   

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks but i was told that there is a hidden rogers admin password and i need that to access the hidden menus that the normal cusadmin cant access

I'm a Trusted Contributor

What kind of problems do you have and what are you trying to accomplish?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is the SUPERADMIN/Mso login, but this is the one that Rogers uses, and is not supposed to be given to users... As there is stuff in there that can be changed which will stop the modem part from working all together.
(Things like changing the up/downstream channels, etc)

As lurker said a bunch of us here have experience and may be able to help.

I've Been Around

Sounds great but , when I called Rogers few minutes ago, they didn't know that this "super" password exist. As long as they just want to clic on one button to give me access to the USB plug... I would like to use my hard drive everywhere (and avoid to buy a airport timecapsule). That'll be the best way to backup my stuff and having access to all my file everywhere at home, on every device I have at home.

You just have to look at page 50 of this document...

http://setuprouter.com/router/hitron-technologies/cgn2-rog/manual-1028.pdf

I've Been Around

My main issue today is that with the "advanced" cgn3 modem the Guest Network, which it has and is clearly sold as having, is ONLY accessable thru the MSO account.  Once enabled and set, it does not show up anywhere that its on nor its settings when using the cusadmin login.  My shrink wrapped modem did not come with a usb stick

So to be blunt, this is ridiculous as well as a percieved privacy issue.  why should I call rogers tech support to see whos connected to my guest network?  to change the password? to limit number of users? what other settings are there that I am not being told about?  will I need to spend 5 minutes each call convincing the tier 1 tech that I know what a ssid is and the difference between wep and wpa and that yes, i really do want to enable a guest network.. What type of  behind the router monitoring are they doing with my modem?  why do I pay $92 a month for a service and a device that I have very limited control over.  and lastly.. why is google refusing to give up that login info to me? 😛

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can go to a store and ask if they have that USB key.

While i 100% agree that they should be opening up all ROUTER functions to the cusadmin login (anything that allows people to manage their own network).. the reason that they do not give the superadmin login... is that because the unit is a MODEM as well... the MSO login allows the changing of things like channel assignment, and other settings which could cause the internet to NOT work.

Rogers says they are not doing any other monitoring, etc of your home network. (true or not, i dont know)
Really in the end, they can see every packet of data that you send out to the internet anyways, regardless of modem/router, etc.

This is one reason why many people use these devices as a MODEM only.  They put the unit in bridge mode, then use their own router.  These routers usually have MUCH more capabilities.. you have full control of.. and rogers has none