MAXIMUM CONTACTS IN AN EMAIL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

MAXIMUM CONTACTS IN AN EMAIL

Is there a maximum to number of contacts sent to in an email. Currently we have four distribution contact categories with 100 addresses in each and would like to have one category with 400 addresses. We use the BCC for addresses.

With thanks,

Edward 

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Re: MAXIMUM CONTACTS IN AN EMAIL

@ironside1 wrote:

Is there a maximum to number of contacts sent to in an email. Currently we have four distribution contact categories with 100 addresses in each and would like to have one category with 400 addresses. We use the BCC for addresses.

With thanks,

Edward Blake

Users can send up to 50 emails an hour and 500 per day.

That being said, Yahoo has implemented some changes in how they handle spam and may prevent email being replied to or forwarded that contain multiple email addresses in the body of the message. You may need to get a business email provider to bypass limitations.

Brian

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be my guess as well.

While i understand in a business setting, there might be a distribution list with that many emails on it..  in MOST cases when something is mass emailed in that quanitity... would be SPAM.

The restrictions are there, so that your account can not be stolen, and then used TO do that spamming.

Even with an auto-mailer.. might run into the same sort of thing, as mentioned above.. 
It would go one by one, through the list to send out.. which would avoid the one part.. but would hit the max per hour then likely.

As mentioned, might be best to look at a 3rd party service.. often you would provide them the formatted email body (or their site allows you to do/make it yourself), provide the list, what email you want to use, etc.. and they set it up and send it out, so that it looks like it comes from  you (though it really doesnt)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks very much for above answers. we are a non-profit club (Beaver Valley Bruce Trail) and trying to keep costs down. Have had no problem sending out email to 100 or so contacts in BCC times 4 or 400 per hour (no replies or forwarding involved). Our problem is our WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2012 has now crashed three times since we swicthed to Windows 10 and required complete reconstruction of the categories (groups) taking days of work. Backup is impossible of categories other than a printout. We have checked out Outlook and Mailbird but neither permits categories or groups.

Any one know another email program that allows groups (and works, WLM has other bugs too)??

How about setting up the contact file in a seperate contact list from our other personal contacts and a email program that would simply mail to all contacts in the list??

Appreciate any ideas or links to find same, not much luck yet with Google search!

Cheers

Edward 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Brian, we will check out your suggestion. I have since found out the Microsoft Outlook "expert" gave me the WRONG information yesterday and you can in fact have UNLIMITED contacts in a group (not 10) in Outlook 2016. We have an Office subscription so will try that first. We advise this thread how we go with more than 50 BCC contacts per email.

Cheers and thankyou,

Edward 

I'm a Senior Advisor

The other thing to be careful about large and frequent mailing lists to be cautious of.  Many servers, Yahoo included are set up to flag when mass mailings from one address are happening, and the automated spam prevention systems can shut you out.  You would get an email to the effect.

Not sure what the max is, just heard of it happening to some.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a limit to the number of addresses to send an email to?

I was woundering it there is a limit to the number of people I a can send a single email to at once.

For example I've created a distribution list in Monzilla under my rogers.com email account and want to send an email to everyone on the list. Is there a limit to the size of that list?

Thank you

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi MTBGCA

See the previous posts on this thread. We can send 100 at least per email in BCC and 4 emails in 5 minutes for at least 400 contacts with no problem from Rogers, Yahoo or any receiving servers or contacts.

We transfered this job to Bruce Trail head office who use a "commercial" service to send out 1000's of emails at a time - name unknown.

We are still looking for a replacement for Windows Live Mail 2012 which has several other "bugs", has never been supported by Microsoft and now is "officially" not supported! 

Cheers

Edward 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation