Lose connection while gaming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lose connection while gaming

I'm having an issue with my connection when I'm on my Xbox online. I've never had an issue for the past 5 years until now. My internet will cut out for about 10 seconds every 20 minutes or so causing me to get disconnected from my online game. I've tried using the Xbox on wifi and through a Ethernet cable and it happens on both. Its very frustrating. Last time it did this I quickly checked my phone and it too disconnected briefly so I know it's not the xbox. Tried everything I can think of and no luck. Not made any changes or added any new devices either. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Lose connection while gaming

Hi @Blueboy1980

Welcome to Community Forums and thank you for posting.

How's your WiFi and direct connection on other devices? Does rebooting help with your connection on the  Xbox?

Maybe @Gdkitty or @Datalink can provide some insight here?

RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

It's the same for any device connected either wireless or through a cable. It's difficult to catch because it would cut out for literally around 10 seconds or so then run fine. I've tried unplugging from the mains for up to an hour and it still happens. When it doesn't cut out for those few seconds the speed etc is great so I don't get a warning that it's about to cut out.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Blueboy1980, can you log into your modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a post.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the tables, so you don't have to use a screen capture.  Those tables are the signal levels and signal to noise ratios which will be worth having a look at. 

I Plan to Stick Around

We have problem wtih WII U. When kids play Mario Kart online, most of the times, it will disconnect with some error message. It just kicks your out of the game you were playing. When I checked the error message, found out that lots of people have the same issue. As per Ninetendo it was not their issue, they blame my router.