Let's talk Upstream Bandwidth

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertbutler
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Let's talk Upstream Bandwidth

Oh I definitely know the difference.

I am happy to report I can upload my 5-6 gig video files to Frame.io in less than a minute or so.

So good 🙂
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@coolspot wrote:
I can't believe 4 years after this thread started, we're still stuck at 30mbps...

The problem is that the basic underlying technology of Cable Internet has not changed much in the past 4 years.

DOCSIS is still relatively competitive in areas where Bell only offers xDSL-based services, but neither Rogers nor anybody else could have predicted that the dominant home Internet technologies would become so totally insufficient so quickly.  D3.1 upstream will help somewhat, once the kinks get worked out.  However, Rogers now urgently needs to accelerate plans to roll out next-generation technologies that not only leapfrog Bell's current FTTH offerings but their next-gen tech as well.

Like it or not, DOCSIS will become just as inadequate and obsolete as DSL is today, faster than they ever expected, and Rogers cannot continue to hope and pray that the world will go "back to normal" anytime soon because this IS the new normal.

stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

All I want is symmetrical gigabit but sadly I don't think that will happen anytime soon, I am willing to beta test anything if it means faster and more consistent upload speed but Rogers is not offering anything and shows, no sign of improving their services anytime soon.

We just got Gigabit and I already notice a difference in how long it takes me to upload but its still not great and I feel like you should not have to upgrade to Gigabit just to get 30 mbps upload at minimum I think it should be 100 mbps, I wish I lived in an area where I could get bell FTTH 

coolspot
I Plan to Stick Around

4 years later and we're all still waiting for faster upstream. Once Bell Fiber Internet comes along, I'll be signing up for it. My coworker just got it and it's impressively fast with extremely low latency. It really makes Cable looks like yesterday's technology. 

How the tables have turned.