cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of email support from Rogers needs attention

RBinOntario
I've been here awhile

I would like to register a major complaint with Rogers regarding their email service. Until September 4, 2022, I had no idea that email technical support was a purchased service from Yahoo for Rogers. What that means is that if you have a severe technical problem with your email (such as loss of recent or past email as viewed from Yahoo webmail or MS Outlook) Rogers is not able to provide technical service such as emergency data restoration from archive. Instead, Rogers refers you to a Yahoo website form from which you enter a service request and then hope that someone from Yahoo will get back to you in a timely fashion. In my case they didn’t.

Rather than detail my own negative experience with Rogers technical support including zero technical assistance from Yahoo, I would simply like to state that Rogers email users need to be aware of the serious lack of support they are currently receiving from Rogers (and Yahoo) and that they need to be performing their own email backup frequently so they don’t get burned when email exchange server irregularities occur without warning.  In my own case I have used MS Outlook PST backup files for about 20 years and was able to do my own email recovery piecewise. I believe Rogers need to help clients with email backup and even if they are not trained in Outlook they should be able to help clients with a webmail based backup procedure. I don’t know if this was a contributing factor to my own email problem but I think Yahoo should warn clients when their email storage approaches a risky storage capacity (5 GB?). But again, the bottom line is that all Rogers clients should be backing up their email regularly themselves and ensuring that only one or two years of email is on the exchange server at one time.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lack of email support from Rogers needs attention

RogersTony

Hello, @RBinOntario

Welcome to the Rogers community forums!

It is disappointing to hear that you had a negative experience with our support teams regarding the email issues you had.

You can find the backup options for Rogers Yahoo Mail here. Using an email client like Outlook will provide more options for backing up your emails. Users can find the steps on how to set that up in the support article here.

Thanks for reminding the community to back up their important emails.

RogersTony

Re: Lack of email support from Rogers needs attention

RBinOntario
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply. Neither of the two links provided resolve the issue of rebuilding the exchange server content when it is disturbed and it is important to remember that there are several devices used to access web mail from the same server. So you need to maintain the content on the server as an email user, In my option, that’s the part that Rogers need to help email clients with, And not multiple, independent email systems.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation