Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Keeping rogers email?

call Rogers and ask, but I think even if you cancel with Rogers you keep the e-mail address. The e-mail is shared with Yahoo, so technically it's Yahoo servers, etc. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My situation is different than the OP's here. I would like to know if I can use a Rogers internet account - that is keep an active Rogers account, not cancel - to access a Rogers email account through webmail, while having no physical cable connection to the Rogers network.

To it another way, if I were to disconnect the cable from the Rogers pedestal into my house, but continue to pay Rogers for an internet account, could I access Rogers email by webmail through another provider?

Hi @gwilki,

Thank you for posting in the Community. You are able to retain your rogers email as long as you maintain active internet service at your current address. If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out to us via @CommunityHelps 

RogerZia

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

Let the community know if the above info is helpful and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

@I am trying to figure out how to transition away from  @rogers.com with the least amount of trouble.

@is it possible to get  YAHOO Canada change my  @rogers.com  email to @yahoo@.ca while I am a customer of Rogers and have all mail go to the different accounts - ie duplicates?  Or do I have to sign up with YAHOO to create a @yahoo.ca account and tell everyone to start using it instead of @rogers.com and then set up a rule to send all @rogers.com to @yahoo.ca for 6-12 months? 

I've Been Around

I am interested in transferring my Rogers email to another customer after I discontinue Rogers service.  Do I do that before or after service stops?  if before, there will be a period of overlap, if after, there will be a short gap, would that mean that all my records (saved messages) will be wiped out?  Thanks.

I'm Here A Lot

It's been four years since I left Rogers for TekSavvy and I still have a working Rogers email.  I don't think they have a means to get rid of them.

I t could be that they made a move to partner up with Yahoo somewhere around 2010 I believe and thus my email is somehow jointly owned by Yahoo and Rogers.  Perhaps this is why they can't simply nuke it.

Try logging in to your Rogers account via Yahoomail.com.  If it works, then I am guessing that they have no way of deleting your email account as they cannot force Yahoo to do so.

Just my thoughts anyway.

I can get at my Rogers email through Yahoo too. If you wanted to delete everything from the server, you would probably want to dial in directly to the Yahoo site and delete your email. Wait a few days to see if it comes back.

If not you can let the other person use it.  When you call in however, they will want to verify the user with the account. Best to delete and wait, then do the paperwork with Rogers, then transfer.

Yahoo-Rogers email.png

Hello, @revpatrickyu

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. It's not recommended for security and privacy reasons to let another person use your personal email.

Typically, when you discontinue your Rogers Internet service, the email address associated with your account will be terminated.

If you must use your @rogers.com email address even after discontinuing Rogers Internet then you should initiate moving your email account to another family member or a friend who has Rogers Internet prior to discontinuing your Internet service. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@Vernicatorguy wrote:

I cancelled Rogers outright two years ago and switched to TekSavvy.  The Rogers people told me that my email acount would be terminated immediately.  After two years, I still have a fully functional Rogers email account that I log into using Yahoomail. 

@Vernicatorguy  I hope you are still around.   Is your rogers email still working at yahoo??

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I still have my Rogers email several years after hastily leaving them. My best guess is that it is tied to yahoo and therefore they are unable to get rid if it.