Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Keeping rogers email?

Hi. There is no guarentee it will work forever. I know a guy who cancel his rogers internet and his roger.com still worked for months and he would brag about it still working then one day it stopped completely and it just so happened he was job hunting and used that email on his resume and he was very upset but there was nothing they could do for him it was too late. He also mist out on some job opportunities too.

I'm Here A Lot

I really don't care if it goes away as I'm not foolish enough to keep using an account that I was told was supposed to be terminated.  I just laugh at the continued hilarity that is Rogers.  It's an example of their shoddy business practices which pushed me to change my ISP from them to another company two years ago.  Smiley Very Happy

I've Been Around

I just switched from Rogers to Bell, due to much better prices, and because I was told I could still use my Rogers email address. Yesterday my Rogers emaii address and account suddenly became inaccessible and I have had to change my email address to one with Yahoo (much to my chagrin). How can I notify all my contacts of this change? If you are switching providers, be aware that you will lose your email address if it is Rogers. 

Hello @bethfoster

Sorry that you have switched from RogersSmiley Sad, email address is linked with Internet service so disconnecting Internet will terminate email as well.

I don’t use Yahoo email myself but I’ll do in the following way;

• Go into contacts, select all, click on Email contacts
  • This action will put all the email contacts in “To” field
  • Copy all contacts into BCC field (For Privacy)

You can leave “To” field blank, compose message informing of the new email address and send. If you have more than 50 contacts, you may want to break them in less than 50s batch, as your email may be flagged as spam.

The above steps are only helpful if you are using webmail. The idea would be the same even if you are using email client like Outlook, Mac Mail etc. You would copy contacts to BCC and inform about the email address change.

Let the community know if the above info is helpful and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure who did tell you that you could keep your email??

Emails, tied with an ISP, etc.. have ALWAYS disapeared when you cancel the service.. been that way since the dail up internet days.

I've Been Around

Can you help me? you say I can transfer an email account to a family member that has rogers. How can I do that? I called in and the rogers help line (I don't think she knew what she was doing) told me she doesn't think you can transfer email accounts. Please let me know soon. I have one week until I lose my business' email account.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, i am not sure if you can do business to personal.. but its possible.

When i have done it, it was with Tech Support.. not account services, etc... so try there if you havent
If so, you may have got someone who didnt know how.
But i KNOW it is possible.. i have done it TWICE now.
Unless the policy has changed or something.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am going on 30 months after switching from Rogers to a far superior ISP and I still have a fully functioning Rogers email address.

I'm Here A Lot

It's been three years since i left Roger and i still have an valid Rogers email address.  I log is using Yahoomail and it recognizes my Rogers email address and password.  For those of you that are unable to get to your Rogers email,  if you haven't already tried it, pull up www.yahoomail.com and try loggin in there.  It might wrok..might not.  Like I said, three years after severing all ties to Rogers I still can get my email, which at this point is just Best Buy sales stuff.

I Plan to Stick Around

After 30+ years with Rogers, I'm seriously considering going with a new provider. However, my wife has a lot of email coming through her Rogers email account.

Is it possible to keep the most basic of Rogers internet packages  - $24.95 a month, but have no devices at the address of the account connected to the Rogers cable? My wife could access her rogers emails through webmail from the new provider, or from her tablet.