Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Keeping rogers email?

@Gdkitty wrote:

Well, i am not sure if you can do business to personal.. but its possible.

When i have done it, it was with Tech Support.. not account services, etc... so try there if you havent
If so, you may have got someone who didnt know how.
But i KNOW it is possible.. i have done it TWICE now.
Unless the policy has changed or something.

Legacy customers should discuss this with WIRELESS Technical Support. They will be able tell you if you can do it or not depending upon the cellular plan you have and the type of mobile internet device (with data) you have.  You may luck in.   

Highlighted

@Gdkitty 

Do you know if a new Rogers customer opens only a wireless mobile cellular plan with Rogers (ie no internet, TV or home phone with Rogers) do they also get a Rogers email address associated with that wireless mobile plan?  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I am so confused with all the different “ solutions “ to keep Rogers.com email address and content.  am not so concerned about losing the address but I  CANT LOSE MY EMAIL MESSAGES AS MY HUSBAND RECENTLY PASSED  and so many are from my late husband throughout our wonderful marriage it’s like a diary for me.  I am moving  out of country as a result of his death and cancelling Rogers. 
How can I maintain these messages as switching to another email address is not so much the problem but losing the emails will be albsolutely devastating. There have been solutions advising switching to a Rogers account of a trustworthy person and add email address to theirs but appears that Rogers will still wipe out all my email messages but will allow me to sign up again but as a new account so everything is lost. Is that true?

PLEASE HELP.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is there a capability to forward selected email to another email address?  If so, you could set up an email account somewhere and forward the email in question to that account.  After you have all of the email transferred and have ensured that the email is intact on the other service, you can close the Rogers account. 

Does Rogers email have the capability of being downloaded to Microsoft's Outlook if you had Outlook installed and properly configured on a pc or laptop.  I believe with Outlook you can set the email download to either:

1.  download the email and wipe it from the email server; or

2.  download a copy of the email and leave the email on the server.

Once the email in question has been downloaded to a pc or laptop you can save the .pst file as a backup and store that somewhere to ensure that it never goes missing for any reason such as a lost or stolen laptop or hard disk crash.  You can then close the Rogers account. 

Or, you could probably just print the email and keep them in hard copy. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, my hotmail was hacked in September and any incoming messages I forwarded to another provider so I want to transfer those messages too. I have a gmail account and would like to transfer all my emails from both email addresses as very important content and ones from my recently passed husband are like a diary for me since we met. 

please help if you can tell me how to forward as I have no clue 

thank you 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully the moderators at @CommunityHelps can provide some guidance on how to forward Rogers email to another email address.  If its in the user interface, you should see a "Forward" option similar to delete and any other email options.  You may have to open each email individually and forward it to an external email address.  Don't know.  Hopefully one of the moderators or other forum member can help with that one.  

Have a look at some of the links in this search for gmail forwarding.  Hopefully they can provide the necessary guidance.  I'm not a gmail user, so, can't be much help in that regard.  The question is, how can you forward existing email to another account? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=forward+gmail+to+another+account&rlz=1C1PRFI_enCA774CA774&oq=forward...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

A question on maintaining / transferring Rogers email accounts

Hello

I currently have Rogers Internet with two Rogers email accounts, one for me one for my partner. We are separating (amicably) and I will be canceling the current service and setting up a new account in another city while my partner will be setting up a new Rogers account of his own.

We'd both like to keep using our current email accounts with the new (as yet to be created) accounts. Is there a way to do this?

If it helps my partner has a Rogers Business phone account and Rogers TV, could they be transferred to that account temporarily?

Or alternatively, I wonder if we set up the new internet service first can we transfer the emails before cancelling the original service?

Thank you

Spitfire

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't have an answer about transferring email accounts, but many years ago I came to the conclusion that having my email linked to my internet provider was a bad idea. Some independent alternatives are outlook, gmail, or apple. It may be painful to make the switch as many of your online accounts could be linked to this email, but now would be a good time to start the transition. You will be happy you did this down the road.

Highlighted

The Rogers Cellular Department is different from their Internet, TV and Home Phone department. When we cancelled our Internet, TV and Home Phone with Rogers, we were able to keep our email account by associating it with our Cellular Plan.  You could give that a try. 

I still don't know the difference between a Rogers Yahoo Email Account and a Rogers Email Account. If Yahoo is providing the IP service I thought that being signed up to Yahoo was all that was required to keep your Rogers email.  The Email Accounts are apparently different. I did try asking Yahoo about their Rogers relationship but they were terrible in answering my questions. 

Nevertheless, the woman in the Cellular Dept at Rogers who helped me was great! She should have received a bonus for her customer service. She explained everything to me and even called me a week later to see if it what she had done worked.   That's all the info I have.

So if you plan to keep a Rogers cell phone you could try Cellular Tech Support. I hope you get the same person I did. 

Highlighted

Greetings @Spitfire1944,

Thanks for being a part of our Community and great first post! 👍

I can see that you've sent us a Private Message regarding your concern and that one of my colleagues has been assisting you. Feel free to update the Community with the results if you see fit!

Have a great day and please stay safe! 

RogersLaura