Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Keeping rogers email?

I'm currently a rogers customer for wireless, phone, internet and cable, but will be cancelling my cable, internet and phone in a few months. 

I am a huge user of my @rogers.com email address though - is there any way to keep this address and link it to my wireless accoutn? If not, what are my options for keeping this address but ditching the digital cable/home phone/home internet?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Keeping rogers email?

what ur asking for is not possible, u should discontinue using it, because if ur no longer a customer they can not offer u technical support

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@aretfalv wrote:

I'm currently a rogers customer for wireless, phone, internet and cable, but will be cancelling my cable, internet and phone in a few months. 

@I am a huge user of my @rogers.com email address though - is there any way to keep this address and link it to my wireless accoutn? If not, what are my options for keeping this address but ditching the digital cable/home phone/home internet?

Some ISPs will allow you to have your e-mail forwarded for a "short" period of time after cancelling, for a nominal fee. I don't know if Rogers do that.

My advice: Never, ever rely on your ISP's e-mail address.  If you cancel or move out of the ISP coverage area, you're in trouble.

You can  always transfer your existing mail to another account before you cancel (and check about that forwarding thing).  I wrote some instructions on transferring your e-mail here (it works): http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/5861   The instructions are for transferring to another Yahoo account, but this will also work with Hotmail, GMail, GMX.com and many others.

And, come to think of it: I'm not familiar with Rogers Wireless, but maybe they have some kind of e-mail service for their phone which also uses "rogers.com", and in that case it could probably be transferred.  A quick call to their support should give you the answer (assuming a Rogers employee doesn't reply here first).  Either way, if I were you I'd still consider the possibility of distancing you from a ISP-specific e-mail and go for a more portable address.

I've Been Around

Hey,

so, im going to move to comwave for their internet and homephone, i was told to cancel internet first then give notice for homephone, anyways, once i cancel internet and homephone, but still keeping my wireless services with rogers, can i still keep my @User225 email? I have many important emails, clients on this email that i need to keep.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers email (aka Yahoo) is part of the Rogers Internet product, so once you cancel your internet, ll your email accounts tied to Rogers are gone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i THINK there is a way, to MERGE the rogers email with a yahoo address, and transition all the emails, etc over to there (if you have them all on the webmail and NOT on a local client).
But the address, etc.. WILL change.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Which brings me back to the first rule of the internet:

NEVER, EVER, EVER use your ISP's email address.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless you never plan CHANGING companies Smiley Tongue

But yes, good to use a 3rd party one, then the chaning doesnt make a difference.

One thing to consider, is some form of PAID 3rd party email service.
Only for one reason... while there are MANY free 3rd party ones like yahoo, gmail, msn, etc..   Because they are free.. often the support can be lacking..
More than once over the years, i have had free accounts, where the whole contents of email has been wiped/missing, or other similar probems.. and pretty much they go 'oh well' since your not paying for it, etc.

A paid service, would usualy some with some form of support and possibly assurance (backup, etc)

I've Been Around

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I recently cancelled my service with Rogers and the cancellation will take effect in 30 days. I have a rogers.com email address and I'm wondering if cancelling my home services will mean I can no longer access this account. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup.

The email, is tied with the account.  when the account goes POOF, so does the email.

The only semi option that you could do, if you do know someone (TRUSTWORTHY, like a family member) who has rogers still, you CAN transfer your email over to their account.
It would act as a sub-email address on their account.
Only thing would be, is that they have the ability to DELETE the whole account, etc as well.. hence why i said someone trustworthy.