Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Keeping rogers email?

Lost email account when canceling internet

Hello

I canceled internet 2 days ago. I still have cable. I didn't know and I wasn't told that I would lose my email account. I called to restore my internet so that I can use my email account, but I was told that wouldn't work. Please help me restore my email account.  Thank you.

Good evening @Mississauga7896,

Thank you for joining and posting your inquiry to the Community!

In this day and and age, the use of an email address somewhat became like a phone number, and we cannot really go without.

Some users reported being able to still access their Rogers email address account, after the cancellation of their Internet account, by visiting https://yahoomail.com. Have you tried it?

In the case where you need to keep the same email address, after the termination of your Internet service with us, the necessary measures are to be taken before the actual cancellation. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Mississauga7896 wrote:

Lost email account when canceling internet

Hello

I canceled internet 2 days ago. I still have cable. I didn't know and I wasn't told that I would lose my email account. I called to restore my internet so that I can use my email account, but I was told that wouldn't work. Please help me restore my email account.  Thank you.

@if you have internet access, some people can login to Yahoo for their @rogers email even after they quit Rogers.  When you login to the yahoo server  https://login.yahoo.com/   note that you may have to use your old password, not the 16 character one from Rogers.  There is also the Yahoo incoming and outgoing server names to consider changing in the setup as well.  Get someone who can manually set up your email account on Yahoo if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.  

If it works, consider using MS Outlook so that you can synch with the yahoo server and get all your emails  on your PC in what is called a .pst file. That way you will have what is on the server on your PC in case Yahoo stops your rogers email access.  Also consider switching your email to gmail or yahoo so that you can change service providers in the future without this frustration. 

Good luck.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello

I appreciate your assistance.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  Thanks for your advice.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I wanted to stop using my @rogers.com account and use a @Gmail.com account instead without sending out 10 messages 50 at a time.

I found out that you can change the  Reply-To  in your Rogers email so that when you send from Rogers, the Message Receiver will get a different email address in the TO field when they hit REPLY.  You can also add a message to the Message Receiver using the signature block capability to leave a notice like: 

eg.    Please change your Contact List email for me to  -  your_email@gmail.com

To avoid missing any emails sent to the new email address during this time, just autoforward anything that address receives to your @rogers.com email address. That way you can continue operating as normal until everyone has your new email address.

By the time you decide to change ISPs you will be completely transferred. 

Instructions here:

Change your Reply-to address for Rogers-Yahoo emails. (The link also shows instructions for the classic mail)

* Be sure to create your new email address (gmail or yahoo) first, then add it as explained below!  

Add a new reply-to address

Add a new "Send-only" address to your Rogers Yahoo Mail account, then you can use the steps below to change the reply-to address.

Add a Send-only address in classic Rogers Yahoo Mail

Add a Send-only address in New Mail

Change Reply-To address

1. Click the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon.
  2. Click More Settings.
  3. Click Mailboxes.  (Accounts for the classic)
  4. Select the email address you want to change the reply-to address for.
  5. Select a new address from the "Reply-to address" menu.
  6. Click Save.

BTW if you are using Outlook 2016 for your emails you will have to open Outlook and make the REPLY-TO email changes there.  Most people using Outlook can figure out how to get to your Account Settings and the image below will give you the clues. There is also a You Tube video if you need it.

Send to different reply to email.jpg

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice.  I really appreciate it!

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @Mississauga7896,

Some users reported being able to still access their Rogers email address account, after the cancellation of their Internet account, by visiting https://yahoomail.com. Have you tried it?

In the case where you need to keep the same email address, after the termination of your Internet service with us, the necessary measures are to be taken before the actual cancellation. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Hi RogersMaude,

You say that "where you need to keep the same email address, after the termination of your Internet service with us, the necessary measures are to be taken before the actual cancellation", so my question is "What are the necessary measures"? I know that I can transfer my email account to another person's Rogers account. Is there anything else I can do, other than notifying everyone.

Thank you,

Harvey 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure if its still available.. but there used to be a way to change it to a yahoo address.  Moved everything over, etc..
But you would still need to notify everyone of what the new address is.

Other than that.. its moving it to another account.

There is no way to keep it ongoing otherwise past the cancellation as far as I am aware.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Gdkitty wrote:

Not sure if its still available.. but there used to be a way to change it to a yahoo address.  Moved everything over, etc..
But you would still need to notify everyone of what the new address is.

Other than that.. its moving it to another account.

There is no way to keep it ongoing otherwise past the cancellation as far as I am aware.

Thanks. That's what I assumed, but I was hoping that there was now some way of actually keeping the account.

I've Been Here Awhile

I left Rogers 6 years ago (literally to the day) when I switched to Teksavvy which is still a far superior ISP. Back a few years prior to leaving them, they partnered up with Yahoomail and because of that, everyone with a Rogers email account was able to log on to through Yahoo. Maybe now that link doesn't exist but because of it, after 6 years I still have a Rogers email account that I can freely access, but of course never use, and haven't paid them a penny for since leaving.  So there's that.