Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

So this has been an on going issue for me for a few weeks now. I upgraded to a better Internet package and I never really had any issues like this before. I contacted Rogers when I had enough of this and they discovered my connection wasn't running properly. I did speed tests before, but I let the guy do his speed tests on my PC and he noticed the same thing I did. So my connection isn't going the right speed and sometimes it just goes way slower then it should. It took about 3 speed tests to see that I was getting a 115mb connection but I am suppose to get 250mb, I think or 200...  the upload tests always hit 20mb like its suppose to.

The issue I am having that I wanted to talk about is the fact that my PSN account keeps getting signed out. Recently it's really bad. I sign in, load the games online, it connects, then I'm signed out again. Right now I'm online but earlier in the day this never happened to me. I was thinking two things, to much traffic for the time of day so Rogers cannot supply me the services I need because of to many users online at once, or the same thing causing me to not get the correct Internet speed is effecting my PS3's connection to the Playstation Network.

Now I've tried a few things that oddly worked, I turned my computer off thnking that my PC was sucking to much Internet usage. Today I had my PC on all day using the internet and using my PS3 with 0 issues so that made me think,"okay, it's not exactly that causing the issue.

So I tried something else, which I think might be helping for now, but I doubt it. I have the PSN app on my phone and decided to sign out. I've always heard people having issues with it in the past but the only issue i ever had was it sending messages several minutes after I have received them on my PS3. I don't really use the App anymore so i hope staying signed out fixes my PSN Account from being signed out. I'm trying this to see if having the account logged into two devices is causing some type of issue through my connection. Hope this works, just trying stuff out to see if things will just work the way i want them.

I've looked online about my PSN Signing Out issuesand alot of the solutions they have are things I've tried several times for other issues. I've changed the DNS to the Open and Google servers, I've tried DOZ, I've tried all sorts of workarounds, and I messed around with modem. But I just put everything bacl as soon as the problem kepts happening. I rebooted back to default settings a week ago anyways and everything is the way I like it.

I got a Unknown Connection Error on GTA Online, could be related to the same issue but I find I'm able to join back pretty quickly now. Well I don't have to sign back into my PSN Account.

Well I still get signed out of my PSN Account. It would be nice to log on and stay logged on....

***edited labels***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Hello @Punk_Out

I agree it’s not fun that your PSN signin keeps dropping outSmiley Sad. You have not mentioned intermittent issues with other devices, so we can rule out internet connection. We can definitely check the signal strength, if you could post the RF table from Docsis WAN page.

Is PS3 on Wi-Fi or wired connection and have you tried wired connection? Have you already reached out PS support yet? Just wondering what they have to say about the issue. By turning off media sharing in PS3, you might get different results.  I believe it’s in Settings/Network Settings/Media Sharing.

Anybody in the Community have more ideas on this issue?

Any input to resolve the issue is greatly appreciated.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'm still having this issue and I called useless tech support. They want me to pay a fee for a third party company to unlock ports....wth? I can do my own port forwarding.

This is getting ridiculous. I have no idea where Rogers gets off forcing me to be charged $60 for another company to fix my Internet issues. The issue had gone away but now I'm back to having my UPnP saying Not Available in my Test Connection results. I haven't changed my port forwarding and everything is set up exactly the way it was before. It's just now my UPnP is Not Available again.....Anyone got any ideas? I have the ports opened that they suggested in there help page...

Edit: Ok now what's going on? I rebooted my modem, rebooted my PS3, and now everything is working.....I really hate this new modem and I really hate my ISP. YES, I HATE YOU ROGERS CABLE! I hate you so much!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which modem did you switch to when you changed your plans?

I am wondering if this is tied with the CGN3ACSMR issue, in which the firmware update might fix?

@RogersMoin, if maybe the @CommunityHelps can reach out to them to get the firmware pushed?

I Plan to Stick Around

The issue comes and goes. I did a bunch of rebooting on my devices and I have UPnP Available on my PS3. How I did it is a mystery to me.

I have the Hitron Model CGN3.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the second time I called Rogers they found out that the assistance I needed with Tech. Expert is going to cost me $129.99 instead of the $69.99. Paying that much for a small amount of technical help is ridiculous.

I Plan to Stick Around

That really sucks that they are charging people for a problem that they can't even fix due to the firmware issue.

I suggest you request for a firmware update that's stickied and hope for the best.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm almost guarenteeing it's the modem. I have the CGN3ACSMR and I disconnect quite frequently. I'm hoping this next firmware update fixes it because I'm very annoyed by it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chambies23

If you message @CommunityHelps, they can push out that current firmware to you right away (could take 1-2 days, but most people have found less than 1/2 a day).

Rather than waiting on the global push.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is an open question for anyone running a PS3 and PS4 who have or had a CGN3ACSMR.  Do  you have connect and disconnect problems from the modem with all PS3 and PS4 functions, or are there specific games that exhibit these problems.  Can you post that here or in the other PS4 thread so that I can pass this along to the Modem Products Manager.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been having this issue on GTA V. but I have experienced it just signing out while I play Skyrim and Boarderlands 2/Pre-Sequel. The other two games I play alone in single player and Skyrim doesn't need the Internet unless there is an update.

Can you show me this sticky? Or a direct link? Because I have no idea where to get the upgraded firmware.