Just got Rogers Internet, now Netflix has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Just got Rogers Internet, now Netflix has changed

Rogers Internet has just been installed, and now it appears that my Netflix shows have changed. Some shows are now unavailable. I was not connected to US Netflix. Any explaination??
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Just got Rogers Internet, now Netflix has changed

Hello @mhoogkamp

What do you mean changed? The order or the actual episodes and such?

I never had that happen to me at all.
I've Been Around

The actual episodes. I went to continue my community series episode. And I got the message. "Not available in your region (US)" now I'm watching new girl. Sweet. Not complaining. I'm happy
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sounds like a net flicks issue, not a rogers issue and possibly it might fix itself after a short while due to you using a different ISP and connecting with a different ip address

I've Been Around

Quite possibly. Even though teksavvy's Internet is set up through Rogers. No??
I'm an Advisor

Hello @mhoogkamp,

While Teksavvy might be using Rogers' infrastructure to deliver your service, they use different DNS servers (that convert an IP address to a human-readable website address).  Using different DNS servers can result in the behaviour you noticed.

Have you contacted Teksavvy or Netflix technical support on this issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would think that the Netflix content for all of Canada would be the same, no matter which ISP hosted the content, and, I'm assuming here that various Canadian ISP actually host Netflix content (as in CDNS) on their own servers to improve the delivery performance.  And then of course, I might be totally wrong on this one 😞

I'm an Advisor

Hello @Datalink,

You are correct - it should be the same, no matter what Canadian ISP you use to connect.  The problem here looks like Netflix thinks the connection is coming from the USA, which is typically a problem with DNS or a peering issue (data being routed via American data partner or ISP).

While the American Netflix has more content, Netflix is making a ton of noise about fighting back against people who access Netflix content in other regions - I suspect this problem will be fixed soon! 🙂

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation