Issues with sent emails. Others tell me my email has changed?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Issues with sent emails. Others tell me my email has changed?

Now were talking! I can try and let you know of the results Dear advisor!

I Plan to Stick Around

Dear advisor, having microsoft version 10 I followed your example and found "account settings" which pertains to E-mail accounts settings and not the points 3-5 mentioned by Mr Borford in his post 89. I tried many things in the account settings but could not use the rest of "reply-to-address and save" portion. In the end there is no difference in the outcome. Now is there any options I could use the the rest of Mr Borford's post I would very much appreciate. Otherwise I should change my Email.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zavkal don't use the built in Windows 10 Mail app, instead open a web browser and goto this address: 

https://login.yahoo.com/

then follow the steps @borford posted in Message 12

I just tried them and was able to make the change.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@zavkal

I have been following your challenge and trying some of the suggested steps (@57) set the stage for me to get where I needed to.

After testing a few options, I learned that the interface for working with reply and adding/removing accounts is one of the most buggy, non-intuitive thing I have put my hands on.

My only suggestion, is try a tech chat and if not satisfied, ask for escalation.

You definitely have an issue in the setup, not on your end, it appears, and maybe you can get Rogers techs to get at it directly.

Or just go to another email service - that is what I have done, so I haven't had to suffer through any of the recent issues - you are not the only one having strange issues with Rogers Yahoo mail - this is the 3rd open thread with no solution and hundreds of posts about various issues.

I walked away from trying to work with ideas for you by working with my old account settings, and by the end of it, my head was spinning.

Only one suggestion - in the Accounts section, you will see your account email and under that add another email.

Add another email from another service, follow the directions, then go into the settings for the Rogers email account, and you should now be able to select the new email account for reply to in the drop down box.

Select it, save,  try it out.

You can then try removing it, and switch back to the Rogers account for the reply to - maybe that will fix it/mabe not.

So try tech support if you want to, or go with your thoughts, of just moving on to another email service.

Wish I had more of an idea of how to fix your problem, but since none of us trying out solutions have your unique situation, we really can't support your well, as we are not dealing with your unique problem.

Rogers used to be able to log into your computer and work with you via chat - don't know if they do that anymore.  Xpertech used to be an add-on option with some packages, but they are not taking on new customers and it appears they are phasing it out - don't know if is still available as an option.

Good luck, I have a lot of sympathy for your problem - you are working hard with it, getting mixed messages, and no solution has been provided that resolves your issue yet.

So in summary, try making it Rogers tech support's problem, and escalate if you don't get a solution to higher tiers - or just set up the account to reply and forward (at the bottom of that dialogue box - and follow the directions to activate it) to your new email account and gradually phase the rogers one out.

My rogers email also has a signature telling people to please reply to my gmail account.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Bruce! I will try to Tech Expert Chat or I will try to add another account! it seems the only way other than waste my time.