Issues with sent emails. Others tell me my email has changed?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Issues with sent emails. Others tell me my email has changed?

My regular email is not accessible to most users. if they sent me to  email they receive wrong impression my email is changed. On the other end I receive their emails regularly.  Other users tell them "no-hotmail  users that use this email" whereas my email is yahoo.ca from almost 15 years ago. Other users have complained to me. I cannot understand this. How is Yahoo.ca get changed to Hotmail.com in Rogers? I have tried to reset my email and doesn't work.

** Edited labels **

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

Re: Issues with sent emails. Others tell me my email has changed?

Logon to your hotmail account and check the "reply to" email. It may have been corrupted.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have a hotmail account. I have Yahoo.ca account always. Pls tell me in detail what else should I do?
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

@zavkal wrote:
I don't have a hotmail account. I have Yahoo.ca account always. Pls tell me in detail what else should I do?

Sorry that I misread that. You should then logon to your yahoo account and go to setting and check the "reply to" address there.

• Mouse over the Settings menu icon. | select Settings.
  • Click Accounts.
  • Click on the email account you want to select a different reply-to address for.
  • Select an email address from the "Reply-to address" pull-down menu.
  • Click Save.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hi zavkal, i do not really understand your question, care to clarify for me? what exactly do the people get who send you an email? do they get a error message? does the email go thru? do they get an auto reply?
please clarify for us so we can better help you

I Plan to Stick Around

when people sent me an email with sample@yahoo.ca ( I have that email for 15 years) they get n error with hotmail.com advising them that  there is no person by that name. On the other side I receive that email addressed to sample@yahoo.ca with regularity. The person on the other side thinks I have changed my email. He either phones me or sends me Facebook messages of his concerns. This happened over the last few months. Some other people have not had these concerns, either they have multiple emails which they dont care or otherwise. this is my concerns for people who care for their messages that would reach me with regularity (like turbotax). I had to intefere and told my Turbotax representative  that I have their email.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hello again Zavkal, since its not a email ending in @rogers.com it means Rogers will not provide support for your issue and may not be able to properly help you, however there is some good news, since its a Yahoo email address, Yahoo provides free technical support for these issues.  I also want to offer my 2 cents.  You Might have set up an email forwarding somewhere in your yahoo email account to forward a copy of incoming mail to a specific address, and it might have an invalid address in its place the one which you have mentioned, that could be confusing your friends and family and I suggest go through your account and see if you can find it and turn it off. If you have trouble figuring it out, you can always call up Yahoo Email technical support and I'm sure they can offer additional support for this problem you are experiencing.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ever since Rogers took over Yahoo.ca my email @yahoo.ca became synonymous with @Rogers.com. They both worked ar the begiining until a few months ago. I asked my wife to send me email with @Rogers.com and she had the same problem. But as you say the problem with Yahoo and not with Rogers, so I had to find a solution somehow. Thks.

I Plan to Stick Around

How to get Help from Yahoo itself? whenever I try Rogers is in front of me tryin to help me.

Hello, @zavkal

Thank you for your continuous patience. It's sensibly quite upsetting situation. If you have a merged email account there is a possibility that either @yahoo.ca or @rogers.com email was compromised.

We can definitely dive into the @rogers.com email address and make sure it's secured. Once we check and secure your email from our side we can discuss the next step if the issue persists. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

The CommunityHelps Team

^ms