Is there any Internet Issues going on in Scarborough East/Toronto?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there any Internet Issues going on in Scarborough East/Toronto?

Hello,

Last evening I ran a speed test from the http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html site and was getting 945/49 speeds on my Gigabit plan.  This morning I noticed my browsing speed to be choppy at best.  I checked my modem logs and it looks like the modem rebooted around 6 am.  I ran a speedtest and now the speed is at 362/7.  I rebooted the modem again and it looks like the speed is the same.

Would you know if there is an Internet network problem in my area or some outage in Scarborough that is causing speed issues?  I just had a Maintenance tech come by on Oct 12 and fixed an issue at the distribution node as his speedtest on his laptop never got over 120 Mbps.  After he replaced some hardware on the node, he was getting over 900 Mbps and so was I.  My postal code is m1c4z2

Thanks,

Mahomed

***Edited Labels***

Re: Is there any Internet Issues going on in Scarborough East/Toronto?

Hello @mahomed,

I realize speed loss can be quite disruptive. We haven't had any reports of an outage in the Scarborough area. 

Anyone else in the Community from Scarborough experiencing anything similar?

RogersZia

@RogersZia

Thanks for your reply.  I did contact Rogers and they detected noise impacting the network in my area which is causing the speed issues and they opened a ticket.  My current speedtest is even worse now at 158/6.9 on a gigabit service.

I've Been Around

I have had no internet since last night. M1k4w3

Hello, @Pann

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Not able to access the Internet since last night is upsetting. The area itself is up and running. Have you reached out to the tech support yet? 

We can troubleshoot your connection/segment issues, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mahomed

Hmm weird.. I'm near Kingston and Midland ( M1n4a6) and my speeds are below. I am on the Gigabit package as well.

PING - 13MS
DOWNLOAD - 466. 77mbps
UPLOAD - 34.82

Mine are on the 5G selection as well. I called in and they did say a noxe impact was happening but not to the speeds u are getting. Hmm I wonder.

Hopefully a tech can fix this up soon.

@Meowmix

I have had my modem reboot 4 times in the last 2 days and my speed are between 120 to 300 Mbps with a wired Cat 6 connection.  They will have to open a maintenance ticket as it is not specific to our homes but their network.  

I FINALLY got my gigabit service working and less than 1 week I am back to 1/8 of the speed.  Sheesh!

BTW, make sure to get a ticket and case number as this can take up to 1 week to fix.  Also, ask for a credit for the speed slowdown/inconvenience and they will do so.  No point paying hard earned $$ for something that Rogers can't deliver.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mahomed wrote:

@Meowmix

I have had my modem reboot 4 times in the last 2 days and my speed are between 120 to 300 Mbps with a wired Cat 6 connection.  They will have to open a maintenance ticket as it is not specific to our homes but their network.  

I FINALLY got my gigabit service working and less than 1 week I am back to 1/8 of the speed.  Sheesh!

BTW, make sure to get a ticket and case number as this can take up to 1 week to fix.  Also, ask for a credit for the speed slowdown/inconvenience and they will do so.  No point paying hard earned $$ for something that Rogers can't deliver.

@mahomed

are you on the .33 beta firmware? If you are on .33 running in Gateway mode, there are reports of random reboots with this firmware version. 

@gp-se

Yes, I am running 2.0.10.33 but I don't believe that is causing the slowdowns.

Update:  I am still getting slow speeds and my ticket is C12715812