Is it possible to obtain a list of the websites visited on my connection over a period of time?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is it possible to obtain a list of the websites visited on my connection over a period of time?

Say, a period of time such as the last week.

By this I mean from Rogers... not from a router log or other locally stored history.

Thanks

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Is it possible to obtain a list of the websites visited on my connection over a period of time?

@arrdennis:

I assume that such historical internet usage information might be accessible interally within the Rogers network infrastructure.  However, privacy issues alone would stop Rogers from providing access to such data.  If someone out there knows differently, please post on this and correct the record.

I suggest that the easiest and best way for you to access your browsing history is right in your browser.  I use Firefox almost exclusively, and it will provide history information for the last day, for the last seven days, and to the limits of its history cache.

I assume other browser have similar functionality.

I am assuming that Firefox does have a finite cache for history data, so there is a limit to how far back you can go.

skinorth

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is it possible to obtain a list of the websites visited on my connection over a period of time?

I would agree. While I would think that there is some form of log, at least by ip, done at Rogers end, for cases if the police obtain a warrant for that info, etc, I do not think that it is readily available to the public?

If this is for monitoring, there are 'net nanny' type programs which run hidden, and will record this type of info.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I don't think you can. but there is a way to see how many downloads are made when you set up my Rogers account and view daily usage
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi - Is there a way to monitor from the router what websites have been used, and to block select website use during select times?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Have the Hitron CODA-4582 modem.  Am curious if I can source the website traffic logs.  Does not appear to be a method through the modem's console itself.  Can I obtain via other means?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That I am aware of, none of the rogers modems KEEP a log of the sites.  😞

To the user above, depends on the modem.  With the ignite modem setup with the ignite wifi setup site, there are some website filtering that can be done.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am learning that many routers have URL logging capability. I've also learned that Rogers has for some reason disabled the Keyword Filter Feature of the CGN3ACSMR Router (which I have). The option is still there when you log into your router, but it doesn't do anything. Why?   
Rogers, please re-enable the various options in the Firewall and parental control settings.