cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S (C7800) (DOCSIS 3.1) cable modem supported with Rogers?

d0tn3t
I've Been Here Awhile

They're not sold in Canada and I have a unique opportunity to get one for a lowered price. Does anyone know if these are supported with Rogers? I'm told that they support Verizon and Comcast (in the USA).

I was looking for a better replacement to my current modem (that tall white one you get with Ignite Gigabit service.

Please keep in mind, I'm not asking for alternatives or explanations. Just a simple yes or no from someone who is qualified or experienced enough with this type of hardware to answer. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S (C7800) (DOCSIS 3.1) cable modem supported with Rogers?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S (C7800) (DOCSIS 3.1) cable modem supported with Rogers?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@d0tn3t   .....   no

d0tn3t
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks.

d0tn3t
I've Been Here Awhile

Is any non-Rogers modem supported?

@d0tn3t, rather unfortunate as that modem is a Broadcom BCM-3390 based modem.  In theory it should be a better modem than the Intel Puma 7 CODA-4582 modem which you might be currently using. 

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_C7800

Apparently, the Technicolour XB6, which is also a Broadcom BCM-3390 based modem is now available for customers who sign up for the new Ignite IPTV service.  There is also an Arris XB6, which is an Intel Puma 7 based modem.  Customers wouldn't know what they're receiving until the modem actually shows up, and then, if you're lucky, and knowledgeable, you might be able to ask the installation tech if he or she happens to have the Technicolour XB6 in the van and end up with that modem instead.  Right time, right place as they say .......

For your specific question, Rogers will not allow modems on their network that have not been tested and approved by their engineering staff.  There is also the support issue from the first line tech support and field techs to consider.  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation